Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexjholland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Hey

Last weekend I took my sister into town to buy a 4S and an incase candyshell. Whilst there, I mentioned to the 'genius' that (as much as I like Apple's products), the bumper I had bought for my iPhone 4 earlier this year was pretty badly designed, wore apart quickly and was overpriced.

He gave me a brand new one, with the universal-size hole for both iPhone 4 and 4S. Both the old and new are white; to go on my black iPhone 4 - but it seems the new one is different.

Aside from the gray rubber strip being lighter (even accounting for discolouration) it seems to be made of a much denser, harder rubber than the original bumper's rubber rim, which was soft and frayed away.

In short, it looks crisper, whiter and I am confident it will last better than the original bumper!

Has anyone else noted this?

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
I'm sure you'll still enjoy your greenish-yellowish accessory in 2 months and then justify spending another 30 bucks in 4 months.

No wonder some of us are buying 150 dollar aluminum cases once to last until the iPhone 5 comes out.

Sorry for the sarcasm but in all honesty, Apple expects you to buy the latest and greatest gadget unless u are buying a laptop or desktop or an item over 600 bucks, so they don't really care if the accessories for the cheaper gadgets that cost only pennies to them last only 4 months. The way they look at it is you'll buy 3 or 4 of them before you buy your next iPhone. an extra 100+ bucks per customer.

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
Does this revised bumper have updated better /softer material on the inside?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.