Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoachStall

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Indy
I have read that the Griffin has fixed the camera port cover for the Survivor so that it stays out of the way while taking pics. Can anyone verify that the fix is effective? Can you take a photo without holding the cover down?

I have also read that the belt clip will not fit 2" belts. Anyone with first hand knowledge? Anyone tried the case out with a different clip/holster?

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
I have read that the Griffin has fixed the camera port cover for the Survivor so that it stays out of the way while taking pics. Can anyone verify that the fix is effective? Can you take a photo without holding the cover down?

I have also read that the belt clip will not fit 2" belts. Anyone with first hand knowledge? Anyone tried the case out with a different clip/holster?

Yes there is a slit on the case that will hold the camera flap.

Walse

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
Survivor's clip is not as well built as some of the competitors and certainly does not fit all enforcement belts since these belts are usually quite thick.

It'll serve it's purpose though just don't expect too much of it.

Walse

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
No Go for the Survivor and Seidio holster combination.

Hi Coach, hope I'm not too late. Nope, the survivor will not fit the Seidio convert holster. I have them and tried.

KirkyJim

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
Will the Survivor Dock???

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Griffin Survivor. I have various docking stations in the house and one in the car. Is the case to bulky to allow docking??

Can't seem to find this info anywhere! :confused:

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Griffin Survivor. I have various docking stations in the house and one in the car. Is the case to bulky to allow docking??

Can't seem to find this info anywhere! :confused:

You won't be docking with this case.

You could get a dock extender but keep in mind there is a silicone flap that covers the dock port and speakers. Even with an extender it still may not fit. The case is pretty big.

It's great for protection though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.