Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FreakyStyley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Been lurking for a while but I had a question. I like to travel as lightweight as possible, but I also type A LOT of emails throughout the day so I end up having to bring along a separate keyboard. Is there any thing lightweight that has a keyboard solution built into the case? I started looking after seeing TouchFire on Kickstarter but I don't know if I want to wait till they ship, is there anything else that's already out or should I hold out till this TouchFire case comes out and see if that helps?

jsh1120

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2011
I do a LOT of typing. Frankly, I'm VERY skeptical about the solution you cited. There are, however, numerous iPad case/keyboard combos out there. Logitech makes several. Zagg has at least two. Brookstone resells one. And that doesn't count the numerous no-name versions from China (available at various websites including eBay and Amazon.)

With almost no exceptions (one is Logitech's case/folding keyboard), however, any case for an iPad that also houses a keyboard will have a keyboard that feels very cramped compared to a full size keyboard. If you want to use a near full size keyboard, TrendyDigital makes a folio case that accommodates the Apple Wireless Keyboard. It's available from Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.