Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applehappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
I've peeked around and haven't come up with a clear understanding of this. After I matched, I have about 1200 songs that uploaded because they didn't match. Most of this should have matched as they are legit burns from CD's, but they didn't. So how do I get iTunes Match to reconsider these files, or does that happen automatically?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I've peeked around and haven't come up with a clear understanding of this. After I matched, I have about 1200 songs that uploaded because they didn't match. Most of this should have matched as they are legit burns from CD's, but they didn't. So how do I get iTunes Match to reconsider these files, or does that happen automatically?

If they didn't match and had to upload, that means, either its not available on iTunes, or the metadata is so messed up it couldn't find it.

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
If they didn't match and had to upload, that means, either its not available on iTunes, or the metadata is so messed up it couldn't find it.

Or MOST likely, the song length is a little different then the iTunes song length, which causes a non-match for some reason. This seems to be my most common problem for non-match.

Tony

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Or MOST likely, the song length is a little different then the iTunes song length, which causes a non-match for some reason. This seems to be my most common problem for non-match.

Tony

If this is the case, you can go to "Get Info' and make the song(s) the same as iTunes and it should match. Once you do, go to Store>Update iTunes Match to update any changes.

andymax

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2011
If this is the case, you can go to "Get Info' and make the song(s) the same as iTunes and it should match. Once you do, go to Store>Update iTunes Match to update any changes.

How do you make the song(s) the same as iTunes? I don't see where I can make changes when I go to "Get Info" Thanks.

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
You can set the song to end early but I doubt that would make any difference. You could easily test it though.

You certainly can't do anything to make it longer, unless you want to bring it into an audio program and add silence at the end...

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
You can set the song to end early but I doubt that would make any difference. You could easily test it though.

You certainly can't do anything to make it longer, unless you want to bring it into an audio program and add silence at the end...

This worked on a few files for me but you must apply the stop time.

Set the stop time to match the iTunes Store version and then "Create AAC version" or MP3 depending on your current encoder. This will create a new file with the trimmed length.

Note this may or may not work. It worked on a few tracks for me but it also didn't on several that I tried.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008

Does this actually work for anyone? I thought once it gets uploaded its essentially locked down and updating match overlooks it since it is assumed to be a completed match.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Does this actually work for anyone? I thought once it gets uploaded its essentially locked down and updating match overlooks it since it is assumed to be a completed match.

I personally only tried it with one track and it didn't work. I've read that a few can get it to work, but it may not work on all your tracks. Of course before updating Match, make sure you delete the uploaded track from within iTunes and iCloud.

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
On it's own, but I've been adding music which makes iTunes Match re-evaluate the library.

I've added the iCloud Status column to the view.

I guess I'm still confused then. I have the status column, but I'm referring to this to understand what the icons mean:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4124

Am I missing it? How do I tell the difference between matched and uploaded?

Don't mean to hijack the thread. Hopefully this is related enough.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.