Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
I remember this being mentioned as a feature of iOS5, but of the many times I have reloaded the OS since its release, this is the first time I've noticed it actually doing it. I go into the App Store to download my usual apps - go under Purchased and start clicking the cloud icon. Prior to today, each time I tapped a cloud icon to download an app it would bring me back to the springboard and download/install. This time, it just turned the cloud into "installing" and let me scroll on down and select more apps. This is the quickest I have ever been able to restore my apps (aside from restoring from an iCloud backup).

Was my phone just screwed up before, or is this truly something they just flipped the switch on? Just curious.

iRooney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Charleston, SC
Oh...guess I never really paid any attention to individual updates. I usually just hit update all and be done with it.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
I installed a previously installed app today and noticed the same thing. Touch the cloud and you stay in the App store on your purchased page. I was a bit shocked because I was expecting to be kicked out to the Home Screen too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.