PDA

View Full Version : Apple gave me a free new macbook air!

Parkbruce
Nov 18, 2011, 04:35 PM
I recently had the greatest apple store experiences. My 2011 macbook air 13inch had a slightly blown out speaker which was making buzzing noises. So i brought it to the apple store hoping for a speaker replacement. At first, the genius representative said he will replace the speaker...then apparently apple is collecting the 2011 macbook airs to check for flaws....so the representative went to the back and he got me a new air. Brand new not refurbished. He also mentioned my warranty starts again from that day...that was a great apple store experience.

Kendo
Nov 18, 2011, 04:40 PM
Same with me. One of my keys wasn't responsive and I had thought they would just replace the key but they ended up giving me a brand new MacBook Air. I saw them tear off the shrink wrap and pull the model right out.

I suspect it was mainly because it was easier giving me a new one than doing the repair on site.

Wild-Bill
Nov 18, 2011, 04:50 PM
Wow. Makes me think I should do the same. Maybe it's OCD, but sometimes mt trackpad is unresponsive and I have to do (insert) motion again. Could be Lion, could be that I was used to my 2009 MBA and this one has a different feel to the trackpad, but I definitely don't recall having to re-swipe to go back a page in Firefox. Other than that though the MBA is fine. :confused:

mac jones
Nov 18, 2011, 05:06 PM
Wow, mine is getting tired. Maybe I should bring it in for a replacement :D

No, seriously, Great service

Parkbruce
Nov 19, 2011, 08:22 PM
i mean my first macbook air has a nonfunctional "n" key so they gave me a new one...it looks like they are collecting old airs...you should definitely bring it in and see what happens