Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Even if you don't need it specifically for your job or school? Do you keep it with you just because it is so portable?

I've been using it mainly as a desktop at home but the portability is great if I am visiting a relative and want my computer with me. But my question is more for the people that I see using it at Starbucks or on the subway.

I am contemplating getting a messenger bag for my MacBook Air and keeping it with me wherever I go.

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Even if you don't need it specifically for your job or school? Do you keep it with you just because it is so portable?

Well I am an old computer geek and can never predict when work may need me to remotely connect in ... so yeah it is always with me. Plus power supply and usb network connection and usb mouse and usb keyboard and usb hub.

It lives in a laptop bag with enough room to cart around all that stuff and still is pretty light ...

nrweaver

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2010
I carry 11" MBA quite a bit of the time. I carry it is a Tom Bihn Ristretto bag and I have a Verizon Mifi wireless card so I have internet when on the go.

I also purchased an extra adapter to leave in my car to make the process easier. I also sometimes carry a magic mouse with me too. It all depends on what I am going to be doing.

aph3x

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Reno, NV
Yes, I now take my new 13" MBA everywhere I go. I've relegated my iPad 2 to being a glorified ebook reader.

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
Yes. In the beginning, I used to take the 11" everywhere I went, but lately I prefer the 13" for my Ps use. I use sleeves for both MBAs; I tote my 13" around in a Coach messenger bag, and for the 11" I have a Muzetto iPad bag that works very well for the MBA.

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
My daily activities don't require having a computer on me all the time - I don't even carry my iPad daily anymore. My iPhone meets basically all my needs when I'm out of the house.

BUT, when I want the Air with me I either carry it in my North Face backpack (Box Shot).
CARREDRD.jpg

For more classy occasions, my "Perfect" bag:
IMG_0868.jpg

She even has a spot for the iPad ;)
IMG_0884.jpg

Either way, it's in this leather sleeve:
BlackOpen630x330.jpg

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
It only goes on the road with me when I'm out for a month or so - other than that, the ipad goes with me in various bags. I'll also probably use my Kindle Fire on planes for movies and such.

They all go very nicely in various waterfield and timbuk2 bags I own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.