PDA

View Full Version : EFI update issue.

Tenashus1
Nov 18, 2011, 10:29 PM
Did a software update tonight which included the most recent EFI. Then I get a box after the update that asks for keychain access password. Tried every password I could remember and to no avail. The request box would not go away. So, then I reset my keychain access. I'm not at all familiar with keychain access. I don't know anything about it. Anyway, I look at the keychain access screen within utilities and I see something about root certificates not trusted. That doesn't sound good to me even though I have no idea what root certificates are. Why did the MBA ask for my keychain access in the first place, and what can I do about these untrustworthy (?) root certificates? I think I need some clarification and advice here. Never ran into anything like this with my MBP.

Tenashus1
Nov 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
Did a software update tonight which included the most recent EFI. Then I get a box after the update that asks for keychain access password. Tried every password I could remember and to no avail. The request box would not go away. So, then I reset my keychain access. I'm not at all familiar with keychain access. I don't know anything about it. Anyway, I look at the keychain access screen within utilities and I see something about root certificates not trusted. That doesn't sound good to me even though I have no idea what root certificates are. Why did the MBA ask for my keychain access in the first place, and what can I do about these untrustworthy (?) root certificates? I think I need some clarification and advice here. Never ran into anything like this with my MBP.

Apparently, most root certificates have only to do with Apple's approval of them (downloads, that is). So, no worries for me or for anyone else with untrustworthy root certificates. I shouldn't have to worry about roots anyway, being that I am a baldie. :)