PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding initial password screen on start up?

Tenashus1
Nov 19, 2011, 08:48 AM
When I do a fresh start up with my MBA I find that I always need to enter my password. I have tried myself to find a way to avoid doing this but have not come up with one? Anyone just know a way to get right to the desktop on start up?

nebrot
Nov 19, 2011, 09:45 AM
System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Then uncheck "require password"

Sonhascome
Nov 19, 2011, 10:21 AM
nebrot's advice will take care of it

Tenashus1
Nov 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
Problem is is that it is unchecked.

miggitymac
Nov 19, 2011, 01:24 PM
Problem is is that it is unchecked.

Are you encrypting using FireVault? If you are, there's no option to login automatically.

Tenashus1
Nov 19, 2011, 01:34 PM
Are you encrypting using FireVault? If you are, there's no option to login automatically.

Not using fire vault. Ever since doing a software update last night, I now have to login with my password if I have completely shut down and then start up. I don't have any trouble with the MBA awaking from sleep. Just with a fresh start up.

miggitymac
Nov 19, 2011, 01:39 PM
Try:

System Preferences --> Users & Groups --> Login Options (under the list of users).

Turn Automatic Login on.

Tenashus1
Nov 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Try:

System Preferences --> Users & Groups --> Login Options (under the list of users).

Turn Automatic Login on.

Yeah, I just re did auto login and it worked! Yay! Thank you all. Have a great afternoon.

orfeas0
Nov 19, 2011, 01:41 PM
Not using fire vault. Ever since doing a software update last night, I now have to login with my password if I have completely shut down and then start up. I don't have any trouble with the MBA awaking from sleep. Just with a fresh start up.

sometimes checking-unchecking an option will fix it.

Tenashus1
Nov 19, 2011, 01:47 PM
sometimes checking-unchecking an option will fix it.

Yop. That was the deal. :)