Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmiller598

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Since I purchased the iTunes match, my library is still updating. I've deleted some non crucial music files from my itunes library that I know do not match anything in iTunes in order to speed up the process. These are things like live Phish concerts that I have purchased.

I plan on re-introducing these files back into my library little by little once I get my initial items loaded in and the service has better upload speeds. (@16000 files at this point w/ and additional 5000 to be added over time)

I had a few of these concerts loaded onto my iphone for listening purposes but since I have removed the files from my library and synced my phone, the files still show they are loaded onto my phone. The syncing that should be taking place with my playlist appears to not be occurring anymore since I have turned the itunes match on.

Will I not be able to play or remove these files until I put them in my cloud? It just seems really odd that those files are there but I can't do anything with them.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.