Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
My daughter logged into my iTunes account on my computer and downloaded some past purchases. Now I cannot log into iTunes Match for 90 days? Anyone get Apple to give clemency on this point?

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Yeah I ran into this little "F-you" from Apple last night.

I logged into my account on her iPhone to see if it would recognize iTunes Match (it did) and then logged right out to get her account back on instead.

I thought you were allowed up to 10 devices to have the iTunes Match account.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I'm seeing a lot of posts from people who have more than one iTunes account on a computer running into this issue.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627

From the article (emphasis mine):

When you turn on Automatic Downloads or download past purchases on an iOS device or computer, your device or computer will be associated with your Apple ID. Your Apple ID can have up to 10 devices and computers (combined) associated with it. Each computer must also be authorized using the same Apple ID. Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days. You can view which devices or computers are currently associated, remove unused devices or computers, and see how long before they can be associated with a different Apple ID from the Account Information page in iTunes on your computer:

Also, Mr. Pink - I miss the pink first letter in your sig. :D

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Man, now that MobileMe is officially dying/ dead and dot Mac has been dead for years.. the iCloud is the new great thing.. it's about time that Apple lets everybody including me merge all of our assorted Apple ID's created over the years on various devices. It's beginning to feel like a goddam ripoff;.

(emphasis mine)

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I'm seeing a lot of posts from people who have more than one iTunes account on a computer running into this issue.

I know it's something detailed in support documents or within a dialogue where I hit "Accept", but my point is that it should be glaringly obvious.

Also, Mr. Pink - I miss the pink first letter in your sig. :D

The times, they are a changing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.