Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tinyalchemist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
Hello,
I just tried to upgrade my MacBook A1181 RAM to have 2gb but when I first installed it, the laptop wouldn't turn on and the sleep light was blinking. I found out that it was because I didn't put it in all the way. So after I used more force and tried to turn it on again, the laptop still wouldn't turn on but now the sleep light stayed on and that's kinda where I'm at now. I've tried to put back my old RAM but it still failed to turn on and the sleep light stayed on too. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I could really use some help. If there is any other information you need to know or could offer any advice, please let me know. I would really like to see if I can fix this instead of having to go to the Apple store since there isn't one near where I live.

Thank you so much for any advice/suggestions.

Antowns

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2009
Hello,
I just tried to upgrade my MacBook A1181 RAM to have 2gb but when I first installed it, the laptop wouldn't turn on and the sleep light was blinking. I found out that it was because I didn't put it in all the way. So after I used more force and tried to turn it on again, the laptop still wouldn't turn on but now the sleep light stayed on and that's kinda where I'm at now. I've tried to put back my old RAM but it still failed to turn on and the sleep light stayed on too. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I could really use some help. If there is any other information you need to know or could offer any advice, please let me know. I would really like to see if I can fix this instead of having to go to the Apple store since there isn't one near where I live.

Thank you so much for any advice/suggestions.

The flashing light means the RAM isn't in properly. Take the RAM out and put it back in again, use a little force but be careful. This is a somewhat useful post I've found after googling around for you:

Code:
http://blog.conradchavez.com/2006/06/01/macbook-wont-start-flashing-sleep-light/

tinyalchemist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2011
The flashing light means the RAM isn't in properly. Take the RAM out and put it back in again, use a little force but be careful. This is a somewhat useful post I've found after googling around for you:

Code:
http://blog.conradchavez.com/2006/06/01/macbook-wont-start-flashing-sleep-light/

Yeah I found that answer out already and when I used more force, the light stopped blinking but the laptop still won't turn on but the sleep light is on without blinking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.