Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joesnewmatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
After 24 hours of matching (mostly artwork), my iPhone 4 has all of the matched materials. Cool.

However, the VAST MAJORITY of my iTunes content doesn't show any cloud icons, only some at the beginning have clouds with slashes through them. So, I still have tons of (lawfully) ripped and even iTunes purchases showing up in 160 and 186, not 256! What did I do wrong??? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
After 24 hours of matching (mostly artwork), my iPhone 4 has all of the matched materials. Cool.

However, the VAST MAJORITY of my iTunes content doesn't show any cloud icons, only some at the beginning have clouds with slashes through them. So, I still have tons of (lawfully) ripped and even iTunes purchases showing up in 160 and 186, not 256! What did I do wrong??? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

u have to delete it in itunes than download it again. stuff thats already on your computer obvs doesnt have a cloud icon as its already in ur library

joesnewmatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
Actually, I only see about 10 songs that have clouds next to them in iTunes. The rest are all blank, in 126, 160, 186, etc. Very confused. I've closed and restarted iTunes, and even re-run Match (took about a minute), but no change. Do I need to restart my computer?

----------

u have to delete it in itunes than download it again. stuff thats already on your computer obvs doesnt have a cloud icon as its already in ur library

But I don't have duplicates. Are you saying I need to delete my old content, first, then Match will replace? I thought I would be seeing my old stuff, next to the cloud option.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Actually, I only see about 10 songs that have clouds next to them in iTunes. The rest are all blank, in 126, 160, 186, etc. Very confused. I've closed and restarted iTunes, and even re-run Match (took about a minute), but no change. Do I need to restart my computer?

itunes match doesnt replace your content by itself. try it with one song thats beloe 250 and has no cloud icon. delet that song and ull see a cloud icon. once u click that, its downloading and ull have a fresh 250 copy. u can even go further and just leave ur stuff in the cloud. click the song. not the cloud icon and itll stream on your computer instead of downloading. incase u want to save space like on an mac book air ssd

joesnewmatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
itunes match doesnt replace your content by itself. try it with one song thats beloe 250 and has no cloud icon. delet that song and ull see a cloud icon. once u click that, its downloading and ull have a fresh 250 copy. u can even go further and just leave ur stuff in the cloud. click the song. not the cloud icon and itll stream on your computer instead of downloading. incase u want to save space like on an mac book air ssd

Thanks! That was completely NOT OBVIOUS. Really, thanks. So now I should do bulk deletion? Also, it asks if I want to put in trash or "media folder." What do you recommend. Again, really, thank you!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Thanks! That was completely NOT OBVIOUS. Really, thanks. So now I should do bulk deletion? Also, it asks if I want to put in trash or "media folder." What do you recommend. Again, really, thank you!

yep. i deleted my whole library once it was all matched or uploaded and downloaded it again and got 250 copies back

id chose to delete the file in the media folder too. otherwise u'll have everything twice filling up your harddrive. dont click "also delete on the cloud" however or ull lose the song completely

joesnewmatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
yep. i deleted my whole library once it was all matched or uploaded and downloaded it again and got 250 copies back

id chose to delete the file in the media folder too. otherwise u'll have everything twice filling up your harddrive. dont click "also delete on the cloud" however or ull lose the song completely

Thanks, Bushido -- you the man!!!

joesnewmatch

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
One more question -- this seems to be taking a LONG time. Is there a quick way to select all and download all of the Match copies at once, or do you really have to click each cloud icon, one at a time, for each track?

farmermac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2009
Iowa
click the first file, hit shift on your keyboard, go down with your mouse to the last song you want and click it. They'll all be selected. Then right click and click download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.