PDA

View Full Version : Apple Posts New iPad 2 TV Ad: Love

MacRumors
Nov 21, 2011, 09:02 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/21/apple-posts-new-ipad-2-tv-ad-love/)

Gs3a8NDPPl4
Apple has posted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs3a8NDPPl4) a new iPad 2 TV ad on their YouTube page. The new ad is titled "Love":For some it's a lifelong passion, for others, it's something discovered yesterday. We all have things that speak to us. They drive us to get up early and stay up late. Getting lost in the things we love has never felt quite like this.As always, Apple appeals to iPad usage and emotional response over technical specifications.

Article Link: Apple Posts New iPad 2 TV Ad: Love (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/21/apple-posts-new-ipad-2-tv-ad-love/)

jake4ever
Nov 21, 2011, 09:10 PM
Very interesting. I "love" it.

Feltzem
Nov 21, 2011, 09:20 PM
I think it's ridiculous that smartphone & tablet commercials just list off the specs. The average consumer isn't going to know or care about those things, they want to know what the product can do and how well it does those things, which is what this commercial does. Apple's advertising is one of the reasons they're so successful- ads like this that create an emotional connection to the customer. Something like 'The new Samsung Galaxy S2, with it's dual core processor and 8MP camera...' might sound impressive to someone, but in reality they have little idea what those things mean.

kjs862
Nov 21, 2011, 09:28 PM
Very nice commercial. Apple isn't really about computers, iPhones, or iPads, but it's about enabling people to achieve what they love in their heart so they can change the world for the better.

hugo7
Nov 21, 2011, 10:01 PM
Wonderfully succinct, and I love the accompanying guitar music

*LTD*
Nov 21, 2011, 10:21 PM
Wonderfully succinct, and I love the accompanying guitar music

Indeed.

"Be brief, but make every word tell."

justperry
Nov 21, 2011, 10:44 PM
Yup, Apples Adds are very well though of and it does its job, what its supposed to do.

applerepairs
Nov 21, 2011, 10:55 PM
As Always apple guys are always in the Race of new Invention.....

Broph
Nov 21, 2011, 11:46 PM
Very nice commercial. Apple isn't really about computers, iPhones, or iPads, but it's about enabling people to achieve what they love in their heart so they can change the world for the better.

I think you're looking too much in to it.

Andronicus
Nov 21, 2011, 11:49 PM
cool commercial.

isoMorpheus
Nov 22, 2011, 12:39 AM
Love the little dinosaur tent!

acslater017
Nov 22, 2011, 01:21 AM
I really don't understand what's so hard about making simple, tasteful, effective advertisements. Talk about and/or show what it does. Don't break my ears with the volume. Minimize the number of robots, flames, and/or aliens. :rolleyes:

isoMorpheus
Nov 22, 2011, 02:19 AM
I really don't understand what's so hard about making simple, tasteful, effective advertisements. Talk about and/or show what it does. Don't break my ears with the volume. Minimize the number of robots, flames, and/or aliens. :rolleyes:

Android android android. Let's sing it!

Consequence
Nov 22, 2011, 03:04 AM
great commercial, beautiful shot of the painter in the field...

Nobita
Nov 22, 2011, 04:21 AM
What is the last app with the dinosaur?

Razouille
Nov 22, 2011, 05:14 AM
It's March of the Dinosaurs
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/march-of-the-dinosaurs/id462225645?mt=8

mrgraff
Nov 22, 2011, 10:48 AM
Nice commercial and all, but will my wife love the new dual core Tegra 2 chipset?

BJMRamage
Nov 22, 2011, 02:08 PM
Unless I am missing it, I would LOVE it if apple posted the apps used/shown at the bottom of the screen per each or on their website.

I've purchased two apps before thinking it was one, then bought the other when found out that one was "ehh" Sure this gets them double money but then i sit and don't always purchase apps after that.

The Dino and sketchbook ones look neat.
And I do have a sketch book app already.

musika
Nov 22, 2011, 02:22 PM
Nice commercial and all, but will my wife love the new dual core Tegra 2 chipset?

TiPb reader/viewer? ;)

Navdakilla
Nov 22, 2011, 08:07 PM
love it

also love my iPad 2..

mperezra
Nov 22, 2011, 11:46 PM
Anyone knows what is the music app?

ThunderSkunk
Nov 23, 2011, 12:23 AM
Why do I have the foggy recollection of this thread containing some interesting, thought-provoking ideas and opinions arising from the discussion of this ad?

Hastings101
Nov 23, 2011, 03:15 AM

Some of us like watching hot women battle robots, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the product being sold.

crawler1975
Nov 23, 2011, 05:58 AM
I think it's ridiculous that smartphone & tablet commercials just list off the specs. The average consumer isn't going to know or care about those things, they want to know what the product can do and how well it does those things, which is what this commercial does. Apple's advertising is one of the reasons they're so successful- ads like this that create an emotional connection to the customer. Something like 'The new Samsung Galaxy S2, with it's dual core processor and 8MP camera...' might sound impressive to someone, but in reality they have little idea what those things mean.

i think they are touting the specs because that is the only thing that they can say. there is nothing else...

pagansoul
Nov 23, 2011, 08:14 AM
The Apple website tends to give a listing of the apps found in their commericals. I'm sure they are hidden somewhere around the actual commerical.

Digitalclips
Nov 24, 2011, 09:20 AM
Great ad. I find Garage Band on the iPad amazing and use it a lot more than Garage Band on the Mac these days.

BergerFan
Nov 24, 2011, 02:09 PM
TiPb reader/viewer? ;)Renč and Seth love that ad. :D

musika
Nov 24, 2011, 08:59 PM
Renč and Seth love that ad. :D

Absolutely!

StevethDuck
Nov 25, 2011, 05:21 AM
Anyone knows what is the music app?

Its StompBox http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stompbox/id392607732?mt=8