PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air 11 2GB and Citrix

d0ct00r
Nov 22, 2011, 02:51 AM
Hello

My first post here.

My company is deploying Citrix as a mechanism for staff to access corporate applications on their own devices.

Does anyone have any experience of whether the base Macbook Air 11 (the one with 2GB of RAM) have any issues running Citrix.

How memory hungry is it?

Thanks

Internaut
Nov 22, 2011, 03:45 AM
I haven't tried Citrix but I have played about with VMWare and an XP VM on my old(ish) MacBook that has 2GB. It was slow and I think the 2GB part was the problem since the MacBook has a faster processor than the Dell laptop. The XP image itself was dimensioned around a Dell laptop with 2GB........

I'm actually surprised that three years down the line, Apple still provides a 2GB option!

speed13327
Nov 22, 2011, 09:04 AM
Citrix isnt very memory hungry at all as it is connecting you to a server in your companny's data center. It would be as memory hungry as say Remote Desktop or VNC. Which uses very little memory.

So you should be fine.

kjlake
Nov 22, 2011, 09:09 AM
works without problems for me. I routinely use it for remote access to our corporate network.

Regards

Kev

Internaut
Nov 22, 2011, 09:19 AM
I give myself a minus vote.......

d0ct00r
Nov 22, 2011, 10:26 AM
thanks for the information, I appreciate it and hopefully it will work ok for me

orfeas0
Nov 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hello

My first post here.

My company is deploying Citrix as a mechanism for staff to access corporate applications on their own devices.

Does anyone have any experience of whether the base Macbook Air 11 (the one with 2GB of RAM) have any issues running Citrix.

How memory hungry is it?

Thanks
I don't know if that will help, but on my 2011 11" base model mba (64gb ssd with 2gb ram) I played warcraft 3 with 15 fps on Parallels with windows xp.

Parallels virtualizes the windows environment without problems on my 2gb machine (when not playing games of course, but 15 fps on a virtual machine isn't that bad either).

Beanoir
Nov 22, 2011, 01:11 PM
Are you running Citrix (or equiv) in OSX or will you be required to run it in a Windows environment? The two options will mean 2 very different answers to your question.