Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senor Cuete

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
The Help Book files in my app were composed in HTML. In XCode 4 all of the links work except for links that should open Mail so my customers can E-mail me. In older versions of XCode when they clicked on links like these:

<a href="mailto:support@myapp.com?Subject=appname">E-mail support</a>

It opened Mail. Now it doesn't. Can anyone tell me why and suggest a remedy?

Update: I tried composing this page in BBEdit as HTML 5. I created it in Text Edit and saved it as HTML. I created a page with iWeb. I tried a lowercase 's' in "subject". These all create html with a capital 'S' in "Subject". I tried it with out the "?subject". It works in two browsers, all of the HTML editors, in fact in everything except in my help book. ???

Last edited:

Senor Cuete

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Last time I looked into this, they didn't work in 10.6 and possibly 10.5, can't remember exactly. Don't think I tested with 10.7 either since I gave up...

They worked with 10.5. I haven't "upgraded" to 10.7 - Lion because I read such awful comments about it on the Apple store web site and because my right hand isn't great and I struggle with gestures. Particularly hard are the new invisible scroll bars with no up and down arrows. These are retarded anyway. I don't want my Mac to act like an iPad, iPhone or PC, but I digress...

I filed a bug report on this with Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.