PDA

View Full Version : Refurb MBA 13" has Samsung SSD Samsung LCD

iRCL
Nov 23, 2011, 08:38 AM
Despite people saying they figured they'd all be Toshiba SSD and LG LCD... just fyi

Although my last air had a Toshiba SSD and it was perfectly blazingly fast awesome, so I hate to feed the rumors. I would definitely not have returned it if it was Toshiba/LG.

NutsNGum
Nov 23, 2011, 09:29 AM
So err, why post?

HellDiverUK
Nov 23, 2011, 09:33 AM
Wow, I'm glad you told us that. I KNOW I'll sleep better tonight with that concern off my mind.

TheJing
Nov 23, 2011, 09:38 AM
Ok.

newdeal
Nov 23, 2011, 10:45 AM
for all the sarcastic idiots on here you KNOW you would have been one of the punks to complain if you ordered a refurb and it was toshiba and LG because that is what 99% of the rejects on macrumors do

altecXP
Nov 23, 2011, 11:15 AM
I have the Toshiba SSD and LG LCD.

I plan to get a 180GB OWC SSD anyway, but even still the Toshiba SSD does not disappoint me. Even coming from a Kingston HyperX SATA3 SSD in a 15in i7 2011 MBP.

As for the display I jut got a color calibration from a forum thread and it looks great now. Really it didn't bother me before but I don't do any photo work.

I'm just fine and dandy with my Toshiba/LG build. Not a single complaint and anyone that has one: Color calibrate your display, and you really DON'T notice the Samsung SSD, it's all in your head.

TheJing
Nov 23, 2011, 11:17 AM
for all the sarcastic idiots on here you KNOW you would have been one of the punks to complain if you ordered a refurb and it was toshiba and LG because that is what 99% of the rejects on macrumors do

A have a Toshiba and I'm not complaining... I am a sarcastic idiot though.

NutsNGum
Nov 23, 2011, 11:39 AM

I've got an LG and Toshiba combo 11", it's not going back.

tanhm
Nov 24, 2011, 09:56 AM
so, what's your point ???

Zudeo
Nov 24, 2011, 02:55 PM
I have the Toshiba SSD and LG LCD.

I plan to get a 180GB OWC SSD anyway, but even still the Toshiba SSD does not disappoint me. Even coming from a Kingston HyperX SATA3 SSD in a 15in i7 2011 MBP.

As for the display I jut got a color calibration from a forum thread and it looks great now. Really it didn't bother me before but I don't do any photo work.

I'm just fine and dandy with my Toshiba/LG build. Not a single complaint and anyone that has one: Color calibrate your display, and you really DON'T notice the Samsung SSD, it's all in your head.

Hi, I just bought an MBA 13 and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of that Color calibrator please.

Thanks in advance.

NutsNGum
Nov 24, 2011, 03:02 PM
Hi, I just bought an MBA 13 and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of that Color calibrator please.

Thanks in advance.

There are quite a few good calibration files here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1195561) if you want to check them out!