PDA

View Full Version : AirPort Express & Peachtree Audio iNova

Dornblaser
Nov 23, 2011, 10:20 AM
I am considering a Peachtree Audio iNova, has anyone used an Airport Express/Air Play with any of the Peachtree products, and if so, what has been your experience? Thanks.

Peachtree Audio
Nov 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
I am considering a Peachtree Audio iNova, has anyone used an Airport Express/Air Play with any of the Peachtree products, and if so, what has been your experience? Thanks.

I have lots of experience. You can use an AE via a mini/optical into the iNova dac and it sounds great. You can control all of your music through an iPad/iPhone/touch and you have the equivalent or a very expensive music server.
However, since the Apple TV II arrived on the market, I use them because they're much easier to work with and do so much more than the AE. And they're only $99...

With either, the network will determine the latency of the connection. So I do recommend looking at your network to see that it's as robust as it needs to be for effortless communication. Fairly easy to do, or have done if needed.

Hope this helps,
David Solomon
Peachtree Audio

Dornblaser
Nov 23, 2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks, I forgot about Apple TV, probably because this will be an audio only system. I think that the network will be fine, this system will replace an early '90's system that we do use with iPods/iPhones and we haven't had any issues.

Thanks again,
David