PDA

View Full Version : MacMall Pre-Black Friday one day only sale

joepunk
Nov 23, 2011, 12:58 PM
On some Air (http://www.macmall.com/n/Macbook-Air-Pre-Black-Friday-Sale-2011/macCustomPages-4403?q=macCustomPages-1007) models and MacBook Pros (http://www.macmall.com/n/Macbook-Pro-Pre-Black-Friday-Sale-2011/macCustomPages-4402?q=macCustomPages-1007) too. Looks similar to what Apple offers on refurbished items.

Xikum
Nov 23, 2011, 01:55 PM
I dont know how legitimate that is, but if its true, it just makes me so annoyed about living in the UK. We get ripped off like hell over here.

KPOM
Nov 23, 2011, 02:08 PM
Most of the models offered are last year's version. The other discounts appear consistent with MacMall's regular pricing (5% discount on 2011 MacBook Air). It ends 53 minutes from now, but knowing MacMall they will have an almost identical promotion starting Friday.

paulrbeers
Nov 23, 2011, 02:42 PM
Most of the models offered are last year's version. The other discounts appear consistent with MacMall's regular pricing (5% discount on 2011 MacBook Air). It ends 53 minutes from now, but knowing MacMall they will have an almost identical promotion starting Friday.

Agreed. The only "good deal" is last years ultimate 13", but then again the difference between a core2duo and a Sandy bridge makes it hard to even recommend last years model even at that price. Especially when you can get the base model of this years for 1100 at best buy today.

Edit: Hoping for better deals on Black Friday.

acastic
Nov 23, 2011, 02:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

They had those same prices last week too.

jterp7
Nov 23, 2011, 03:41 PM
Agreed. The only "good deal" is last years ultimate 13", but then again the difference between a core2duo and a Sandy bridge makes it hard to even recommend last years model even at that price. Especially when you can get the base model of this years for 1100 at best buy today.

Edit: Hoping for better deals on Black Friday.

true...but if it somehow reached 50% off I'd be willing to live with the sacrifice. I don't bet on it happening though lol

waloshin
Nov 23, 2011, 03:47 PM
Not bad.

molala
Nov 23, 2011, 04:25 PM
I dont know how legitimate that is, but if its true, it just makes me so annoyed about living in the UK. We get ripped off like hell over here.

Apple UK does Black Friday deals, just check the store website. Ok, our base price is still so much higher than the US, but this was always the case (and 20% VAT doesn't help).

kazmac
Nov 23, 2011, 04:49 PM
now as the 59 hour sale (http://www.macmall.com/n/Black-Friday-Sale/macCustomPages-1007) ends Friday 11/25 at Midnight.

I am very tempted to pick up an Air since I ditched my iPad 2, I loved the ones I test drove last year (save for the wrist issues).

Xikum
Nov 23, 2011, 06:07 PM
Apple UK does Black Friday deals, just check the store website. Ok, our base price is still so much higher than the US, but this was always the case (and 20% VAT doesn't help).

Really? I didn't know that. I thought that "Black Friday" was our equivalent of Boxing Day (26th December).

Thankfully I have all the Apple products I can handle, so my bank account is safe (I hope...).

joepunk
Nov 23, 2011, 06:56 PM
now as the 59 hour sale (http://www.macmall.com/n/Black-Friday-Sale/macCustomPages-1007) ends Friday 11/25 at Midnight.

I am very tempted to pick up an Air since I ditched my iPad 2, I loved the ones I test drove last year (save for the wrist issues).

Well that was nice of them.

spacepower7
Nov 23, 2011, 11:14 PM
Really? I didn't know that. I thought that "Black Friday" was our equivalent of Boxing Day (26th December).

Thankfully I have all the Apple products I can handle, so my bank account is safe (I hope...).

We have sales in the US on Dec 26th also, we just don't call it "boxing day"

Black Friday is the name of the sale the day after Thanksgiving, obviously, for for a certain reason.

Being in the "black" is when a company is making profits VS being in the "red" aka losing money.

The holiday season aka the 4th calendar quarter is the most profititable quarter for consumer based businesses. Black Friday was historically the tipping point in the 4 quarter sales where a business either became profitable or knew it would be profitable for the 4 quarter.

Nowadays, black Friday has taken on crazy consumerism traits. I saw people camping out today, 36 hours before a store opens the sale, to save $100 on a junky budget HDTV. I guess if you don't have a job then the $100 savings makes a difference but then maybe they could be doing better things than waiting in line for a TV?

tanhm
Nov 24, 2011, 09:40 AM
my bank account is safe too :D