Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soonbaek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Buyers beware that SGP and Cretouch are one of worst customer service. I purchased the Neo Hybrid EX by following the authorized reseller link from SGP. The outer plastic shell does not align properly with the volume button and yet SGP will not honor lifetime warranty because it was not purchased from them and Cretouch has lame 30 days warranty only.

Both CS dicks around with you by asking to send pictures and description and falls back to the lame excuses.

Bottom line - if you want SGP product, either go through their site or better yet get a cheap knock-offs at ebay or chinese sites. You don't get any service from them anyway. I will not support both companies in the future.

jekyoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago
Yeah, I had this issue with SGP before. How they only honor their products if it was bought directly from them. Makes no sense.

Luckily, I bought it from their Amazon store so I was covered by their warranty.

HKUSP.40

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
Cretouch has lame 30 days warranty only.

So it took you more than 30 days to figure out you had a problem with it? Which iPhone do you have? The Verizon 4 or any 4S? If it's the mute switch that's not lining up then you probably bought the wrong case. You probably got one that was made for the AT&T iPhone 4 only.

gettys

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2012
SGP Customer Service

I completely agree. I had the absolute worst customer experience ever with SGP. Never buy from them. My order arrived missing an item and they wanted me to take a picture to prove myself. And then they told me it was backordered but I could get a refund or upgraded shipping. I had already paid for upgraded shipping and their comment was you paid for PRIORITY and we are shipping it EXPRESS...they emphasized using capitals. I am only giving you a small sample of how my dealing went. NEVER BUY FROM SPIGEN/SGP!!!! It is not worth paying the price both in the wallet and being called a liar!

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
I completely agree. I had the absolute worst customer experience ever with SGP. Never buy from them. My order arrived missing an item and they wanted me to take a picture to prove myself. And then they told me it was backordered but I could get a refund or upgraded shipping. I had already paid for upgraded shipping and their comment was you paid for PRIORITY and we are shipping it EXPRESS...they emphasized using capitals. I am only giving you a small sample of how my dealing went. NEVER BUY FROM SPIGEN/SGP!!!! It is not worth paying the price both in the wallet and being called a liar!

It's true, their CS could use... lets say tweaking, but tbh their products are beyond excellent [especially their screen protectors] so yeah, it's a gamble.

Order through Amazon and as long as it says "fulfilled by Amazon" you can deal with Amazon instead of SGP / Cretouch :)

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Agreed with not the best service. I bought a few times during the holidays and returned like a week later. I used the crystal shield from the case and they charged me $5 for not returning it. I just laughed it off.

On the other hand, Incase has outstanding service. I bought a case from apple that has gotten defective after a month and they will honor a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.