Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QDROMAN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
COLORADO
I upgraded to 5.0 and then 5.01 on my Touch 4g(64g). I can no longer actually sync although it goes through the normal steps as viewed in Itunes (on W-xp) or on Macbook. The updated podcasts appear (perhaps greyed out) when viewed on the Touch while connected to Itunes. When disconnected from Itunes and going to Podcasts to view podcasts on about 4 of the 20 supposedly there actually appear. The prpblem appeared after upgrade to 5.0.

In the diagnostic & usage tab on the Touch I have a long list of LowMemory-2011-11-__ (date) entries providing who knows what in the way of information.

When connected to Itunes the used memory screen shows very little of the 64g used.

I have tried resetting the Touch several times and attached it to several different computers with the same result. Only some but not all of my original APPs are put back on the Touch after a sync.

I cannot find any thing online explaining what has happened or what to do get back the use of my Touch.

BrunoWill

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2011
If I were you, I will restore my ipod touch and try again, this is the most straight method when I can not get any idea about it.

QDROMAN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
COLORADO
I have tried restoring several times without success. New twist is that I was able to add some music during a sync. The music appeared on the Touch after detaching the USB cord. And, then, it simply disappeared and I now see "No Music" when I go to Songs!

Apparently I am the only person in the world that this is happening to.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.