Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezdizzy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I have 3000+ songs on my ipod. These songs are part of the 6000+ songs within my itunes library. Over time I have manually moved these songs from itunes to my ipod (ie, not with a playlist or auto-syncing). Now I want to make a new playlist in itunes which is comprised of the songs that are currently on my ipod. Any ideas as to how I can do this? I am not copying any new songs from the ipod to itunes, I just want to make a new 3000+ song playlist in itunes, using the songs from the ipod.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

BrennerM

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
I don't think that iTunes stores info about what songs are on what devices (at least not in a user-accessible form), so I'm pretty sure you can't do this in iTunes alone. Someone correct me if they know otherwise.

Could you create an on-the-go playlist on your iPod which contains all of the songs on the device and then sync that playlist back to iTunes? May depend on which iPod model you have...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.