Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SexyBeast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
I just recently sold my 2008 MacBook and purchased a 2010 revision Mac mini on Craigslist. When I tested it out, everything worked great. The guy had not reinstalled OSX, so it still had all his info. So obviously the first thing I did was reinstall the OS and it's been nothing but problems. The first thing I noticed is that there is no start up chime like my MacBook had. Second right after the grey start up screen with the apple logo appears, it goes to a light blue screen and stays there. I have to start it up in safe mode. Once there, a log in screen appears. Once I'm in safe mode, everything looks the same. However there are no options for multitouch gestures for my trackpad. The OS just feels slow. I can't figure out how to get the app store to run lion. The icon is faded with a question mark and it says I need 10.7 to use the app store. I have a feeling this is purely a software issue. Anyone know what to do? Please help!

xwinger

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Calgary, AB
i'm no expert but personally i would go buy snow leopard and install that for $30 since lion doesnt come on a disc.

but if you wanna go all out, take it to apple and ask if you can get a copy of lion on usb since you cant connect to the apple store

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I'd Try A re-install Of Lion

I just recently sold my 2008 MacBook and purchased a 2010 revision Mac mini on Craigslist. When I tested it out, everything worked great. The guy had not reinstalled OSX, so it still had all his info. So obviously the first thing I did was reinstall the OS and it's been nothing but problems. The first thing I noticed is that there is no start up chime like my MacBook had. Second right after the grey start up screen with the apple logo appears, it goes to a light blue screen and stays there. I have to start it up in safe mode. Once there, a log in screen appears. Once I'm in safe mode, everything looks the same. However there are no options for multitouch gestures for my trackpad. The OS just feels slow. I can't figure out how to get the app store to run lion. The icon is faded with a question mark and it says I need 10.7 to use the app store. I have a feeling this is purely a software issue. Anyone know what to do? Please help!

Apple have now released an official boot procedure app using a USB stick.

Step By Step Here:

https://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/08/apple-releases-utility-to-create-lion-recovery-usb-key/

SexyBeast

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
It came with snow leopard. To create the lion recovery, I need a Mac currently running lion. I tried to restore from my time machine back up, but since that was lion, it won't work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.