PDA

View Full Version : Otterbox Customer Service and a question about durability...

xray328
Nov 24, 2011, 12:17 AM
I just wanted to reinforce the great customer service Otterbox provides. We picked up an Otterbox Defender case for my sons iPad. After I installed it, I noticed the little flap that covers the orientation lock switch didn't close, there was no friction to hold it in the closed position. So I sent Otterbox an e-mail explaining the situation. Just needed to send them a picture and my information and they'd have a new case in the mail, easy as that. Awesome!

In regards to durability, I'm worried about having to remove the back docking door every night to charge it. Does the little door hold up pretty well? I'm thinking that with the constant removal/installation the door will get loose and fall out over time. That being said, I'm sure Otterbox would offer a replacement.

Thanks!

Macman45
Nov 24, 2011, 12:34 AM
I just wanted to reinforce the great customer service Otterbox provides. We picked up an Otterbox Defender case for my sons iPad. After I installed it, I noticed the little flap that covers the orientation lock switch didn't close, there was no friction to hold it in the closed position. So I sent Otterbox an e-mail explaining the situation. Just needed to send them a picture and my information and they'd have a new case in the mail, easy as that. Awesome!

In regards to durability, I'm worried about having to remove the back docking door every night to charge it. Does the little door hold up pretty well? I'm thinking that with the constant removal/installation the door will get loose and fall out over time. That being said, I'm sure Otterbox would offer a replacement.

Thanks!

For about 18 months, but I don't put the full kit on unless I'm going out. Over time, those latches will wear out I guess, it's best to be gentle and make sure you release them all the way around. They are a great company, and my defender (full kit) is the best you can get for total protection IMO.

Pretty? No. Safe? As houses.