PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] MBA - hard to wake up ?

drsox
Nov 24, 2011, 04:06 AM
My new MBA doesn't seem to want to wake up from a long sleep !
If it sleeps during the day (1-2 hours between wake-ups), then it's OK. If it sleeps overnight (8 hours or so), then when I open the lid there is a faint glow from the screen but little else. I usually have to reboot via the power button.

How long should I wait after waking it from a long sleep before using the power button ? Are there two different sleep modes - fast wake up and slow wake up ?

TheJing
Nov 24, 2011, 04:31 AM
After an hour or so the computer goes into hibernation, which is deep sleep, and that is why it has such a long stand by time.

However, it shouldn't take more than a second for the screen to turn on and maybe 2-4 seconds for the computer to be completely awake and usable.

drsox
Nov 24, 2011, 04:56 AM
Thanks.
So if I wait a minute or so and nothing has lit up, then is the MBA faulty or is there something else I should be checking ?
I unchecked the "Put the Drive to Sleep" box in the Power Options, that might also have been a cause.

s2dio
Nov 24, 2011, 05:26 AM
mine wakes from a couple of hours' sleep in about 5 to 8 seconds. It really isn't close to "Instant on" which was heavily advertised, but still not too long.

drsox
Nov 25, 2011, 12:53 AM
UPDATE : Today's wake up time = 10 secs. So I guess I was just impatient before.

KONK7000
Nov 25, 2011, 06:08 AM
When I first got mine about a year ago, it woke up in about a couple of seconds or so. Now it wakes in about four five seconds or something like that...:(