Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
I have a library thats just a little bit smaller than 18k tracks. I just signed up for iTunes Match and am currently waiting for step 1 of 3 to complete.

In the mean time I went onto my MacBook which doesn't have any of my music library on it, and signed into iTunes Match. Much to my surprise it says I already have 147 songs in the cloud.

Upon closer inspection only two of the songs are songs that I actually own and both were purchased from iTunes. I'm not quite sure where the other 145 songs came from though?

Seems very weird to me!

Edit: Upon even closer inspection I realized that these are songs I got for free in 2006 from the Facebook samplers or whatever. I didn't end up liking any of the music so I deleted it all and forgot all about it until now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-24 at 9.30.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-24 at 9.30.04 AM.png
    413.8 KB · Views: 80

gmiller598

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
Those would be songs that you have "purchased" using your iTunes account. You may have received them by redeeming some sort of download code from iTunes for it but they will still show up in your purchase history.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.