Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JazzyFizzle

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
I just installed bootcamp on my MackBook Pro. I have installed the ATI drivers but I'm unsure if they have actually worked. In the Control Center I don't really have many options like I should have.

Do I need to manually remove the Apple drivers before installing the ATI drivers?

away8907

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2011
'murrca!
Video drivers can be hit or miss. Sometimes the public drivers are an improvement over the 'official' boot camp release, often they're not. My usual approach is install the drivers from boot camp files, then nvidia system tools from the internet.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
ATI Control Panel

I just installed bootcamp on my MackBook Pro. I have installed the ATI drivers but I'm unsure if they have actually worked. In the Control Center I don't really have many options like I should have.

Do I need to manually remove the Apple drivers before installing the ATI drivers?

Can be an utter nightmare, I don't bootcamp myself, but I'm pretty familiar with the way that CP works in Windows, AA HD etc. are presented to you in a pretty glitchy interface.

I'd stick with the latest (driver only ) package.

If the stuff you are running is working well then I wouldn't mess with over bloated driver and CP packages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.