PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Macbook Air 13" from best buy for 1100 yesterday.

Rami98
Nov 24, 2011, 05:15 PM
So yesterday i was on best buy's website. I was thinking about returning my hp windows 7 laptop for a macbook pro or air. On best buy's website, it said that they had a sale on apple products. I looked, and the air was 200 dollars off. That pushed me over the edged. Stopped by my nearest best buy, they were out of stock. Went to another best buy, they had their last 3 in stock. This thing was selling real quick. Took it home, love it, lion and especially the trackpad and backlit keyboard and screen. I have a toshiba ssd, samsung screen. The screen matters to me much more than the ssd, and there isn't a noticeable difference between samsung and toshiba drives so I'm just gonna enjoy my amazing mac. No dead pixels or anything. The only build quality thing I've noticed is the bottom right side wobbles because it isn't as low as the rest (it is the right palm rest area). Applying a bit of pressure solves the problem and it is very small issue anyway. This mac goes great with my iPhone 4S, which i got a week ago (switched from the train wreck called android). Just wanted to let you guys know. I needed the thin and light size but didn't need all the power so decided to go with this instead of the pro. Was that a good idea? Your thoughts? And if you were shopping for an air or pro, go pick one up from best buy. They cost 1099 and the pros cost 1050. And best buy is letting you return it until january 24,2012. This is a great deal. Happy i picked it up.

monkeybagel
Nov 24, 2011, 05:47 PM
It's a great laptop - I picked one up too and am very happy with it. The performance is excellent. If you need to run Windows 7, pick up VMware Fusion and it runs very good on the SSD. Or you can run Bootcamp.

I think you will really enjoy it!

robots3humans0
Nov 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
I've found that I have to twist mine every once in a while to correct an imbalance. Seems like since the aluminum is so thin, it's slightly too pliable than it should be. Not a big deal though, I can easily live with that for how awesome this thing is.

robvas
Nov 27, 2011, 10:24 AM
I got one, the higher-resolution screen is great. I sold my 2011 13" MBP to buy it, I hope I don't regret it. Couldn't pass up the deal at Best Buy.

DouchGod
Nov 27, 2011, 11:07 AM
Glad your enjoying your Air I'm eagerly awaiting mine should be here Thursday. Seems like your becoming full assemulated to the cult of mac enjoy your time with us :cool:

thormarketing
Nov 27, 2011, 11:22 AM
I ordered my 11" because of the Amazon deal. I suspect Apple had a good thanksgiving with all the new sales!

I am just hoping I can live with the 11" (moving down from a 15" MBP)

batcatman
Nov 27, 2011, 07:22 PM
did any of u guys buy BestBuy's warranty that covers accidental damage as well? 149$ for 1 year sounds reasonable, have 14 days to make up my mind. Any other options out there, my dog has his eye on the Air :(

ZipZap
Nov 28, 2011, 06:35 AM
So yesterday i was on best buy's website. I was thinking about returning my hp windows 7 laptop for a macbook pro or air. On best buy's website, it said that they had a sale on apple products. I looked, and the air was 200 dollars off. That pushed me over the edged. Stopped by my nearest best buy, they were out of stock. Went to another best buy, they had their last 3 in stock. This thing was selling real quick. Took it home, love it, lion and especially the trackpad and backlit keyboard and screen. I have a toshiba ssd, samsung screen. The screen matters to me much more than the ssd, and there isn't a noticeable difference between samsung and toshiba drives so I'm just gonna enjoy my amazing mac. No dead pixels or anything. The only build quality thing I've noticed is the bottom right side wobbles because it isn't as low as the rest (it is the right palm rest area). Applying a bit of pressure solves the problem and it is very small issue anyway. This mac goes great with my iPhone 4S, which i got a week ago (switched from the train wreck called android). Just wanted to let you guys know. I needed the thin and light size but didn't need all the power so decided to go with this instead of the pro. Was that a good idea? Your thoughts? And if you were shopping for an air or pro, go pick one up from best buy. They cost 1099 and the pros cost 1050. And best buy is letting you return it until january 24,2012. This is a great deal. Happy i picked it up.

I would imagine the return will have a restock fee since BB has those on laptops.

johnhurley
Nov 28, 2011, 07:05 AM
I would imagine the return will have a restock fee since BB has those on laptops.

No best buy dropped the restocking fee a while back ...

Rami98
Nov 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
Yes there is no restocking fee. I specifically asked the best buy guy if there was the fee and he said no. Btw loving my MacBook air I feel I made the right decision to get this over the pro. It's super light and I use it at school mainly. All of my friends are amazed at how thin it is and the battery is amazing. Used it for 3 hours today (with wifi on) and the battery is still at 76%. I am amazed at how they put so much battery in so little space and it is really fast. I would recommend this over the pro for people who arent doing supper heavy work. I was doing some video editing yesterday in after effects and there was barely any stutter. And if I need a cd drive, I'll get an external or use remote disc on my windows 17 inch laptop at home. Great buy though .