PDA

View Full Version : emac worth keeping?

landlover
Nov 25, 2011, 12:09 AM
Hi, have an emac G4 700 MHz 1 GB of RAM running 10.4.11, use it for internet, music, very little photography with iphoto 2 and occasional writing and by the way it can't do more than one thing at a time. News, weather, you tube any kind of video it is getting so slow, video and sound never match up. Is there anything that can be done to this mainly for video because I can deal with the other things well most of the other things photography is the pits but there is eventually a picture on the screen. Are there adjustments that can be made anywhere to make this last a little longer?

Goftrey
Nov 25, 2011, 01:32 AM
Well I have a 1ghz emac and I love it for iTunes, web, email and iMovie hd, I can watch YouTube videos fine in 240p. The audio and video match up and it's all good. Although there is no way to 'improve' the video playback and use it for videos mainly, all I can suggest is using YouView or MacTubes to watch your videos, apart from that I don't know what else you can do... I would keep the emac anyway as they're great web surfers and download servers etc... They don't sell very well in eBay. You'd get 25-30 if you're lucky for a 700mhz model...