PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Keyboard and iPad...

NoIdea!
Nov 25, 2011, 11:02 AM
Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't see anything which really answered my Q...

I have just purchased a wireless Apple keyboard to use with my iPad. It works fine except for one thing - there doesn't seem to be a way to send a message (either email, iMessage or Facebook) without having to physically press send on the iPad itself.

Does anyone know of a way this can be achieved?

Cheers.

jsh1120
Nov 25, 2011, 11:07 AM
The Apple Wireless Keyboard is not optimized for the iPad's touch screen interface. You'll notice, for example, that there is no "home" button as there is on some third party bluetooth keyboards designed for the iPad.

There may be a way to accomplish what you're trying to do but I haven't found it and doubt that it exists.

NoIdea!
Nov 25, 2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the reply, that's another problem with it... I thought I'd be getting the most optimised keyboard buying from Apple. Guess not. Cheers.

kendrick
Nov 30, 2011, 01:50 AM
I found a very nice Wireless Keyboard for iPad a few days ago....but i cant find where it is now..its a quite small and slight one..

oxford11ipad
Dec 26, 2011, 03:30 PM
I've got a logitech keyboard so is It not compatible with the iPad is it that I need a apple keyboard

glen e
Dec 26, 2011, 03:36 PM
no KB is optimized for the ipad....even apple...

WillPwr
Dec 26, 2011, 04:52 PM
I've got a logitech keyboard so is It not compatible with the iPad is it that I need a apple keyboard

Which Logitech one do you have?

The Logitech Tablet KB for iPad works pretty well, even has a Home Button....but as mentioned above, you still need to physically use the screen to send an iMessage or Facebook Message, etc....