PDA

View Full Version : Batman arkham city

copperman73
Nov 25, 2011, 12:18 PM
Anyone play Arkham city on their MBA? and hows the performance on it?:)

thormarketing
Nov 27, 2011, 09:38 AM
Seriously? Its going to run horribly.

That game is designed for higher end desktop graphics cards. The air is integrated/on board in a low-power laptop configuration.

snowwhite007
Nov 27, 2011, 09:55 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Doesnt run jus lags an looks daft

komoornik
Nov 27, 2011, 04:13 PM
MBA 11 with i5:

runs pretty nice - most of the time 30 fps. A little less with the view of the city. Minor fps drops in fights.

tak550
Dec 3, 2011, 06:03 AM
Has someone tried it on MBP with 6750M (VRAM 1GB)?
I need to make a decision whether to buy PS3 ver. or PC ver.

Arkham Asylum runs almost perfectly on this machine (@1680x900, everything maxed out except AA and Phyx). Now I wonder how well its sequel works on my rig.

ohiostatefn
Dec 7, 2011, 12:08 PM
I have a MBA 13" with the i7 (1.8 GHz). I have been playing Bioshock using a wired Xbox controller and it works fine. Does Arkham support this controller also? Was "forced" to get rid of Xbox by the wife, but don't want to quit gaming! :D

kyjaotkb
Dec 7, 2011, 12:23 PM
MBA 11 with i5:

runs pretty nice - most of the time 30 fps. A little less with the view of the city. Minor fps drops in fights.

are you sure you're not talking about Arkham Asylum ? Arkham City requires Windows and a dedicated Graphics Card.

Rizvi1
Dec 8, 2011, 03:27 PM
Sorry for the OT question but just curious, are there emulators out that would work on the MacBook Pro and if so, are there good controllers out that would work with it? I'd like to play some older SNES games if they're available.

On my iPad when I had it jailbroken I was able to download and play an SNES game. But I wanted to get a Wiimote to play via a controller. Playing on the touch screen was too hard.

(On a related note, I picked up Arkham City for PS3 a few weeks back. It came w/ Arkham Asylum which I never played. I'm working my way through AA now and enjoying it).

komoornik
Dec 9, 2011, 11:44 AM
are you sure you're not talking about Arkham Asylum ? Arkham City requires Windows and a dedicated Graphics Card.

Yes, I'm sure.

Obviously I'm running Windows 7 ( most of the time actually ). And it seems like it doesn't need that dedicated card.

gman901
Dec 9, 2011, 01:08 PM
Batman AC plays fine on my 13" Air at medium settings and 25-30 fps. My card is integrated.

echo.park
Dec 9, 2011, 04:03 PM
Batman AC plays fine on my 13" Air at medium settings and 25-30 fps. My card is integrated.

Regarding to your sig, you got the Nvidia graphic (2010) which is NOT integrated.

warfed
Dec 9, 2011, 05:25 PM
Regarding to your sig, you got the Nvidia graphic (2010) which is NOT integrated.

The 320m IS an integrated video card.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-320M.28701.0.html

komoornik
Dec 10, 2011, 03:04 AM
The main reason it is called integrated - it uses shared memory.

Juditova
Nov 15, 2013, 10:55 PM
Hey,

I played Arkham Asylum on my Mac mini 2011 on OS X. It run good at medium specs, 1600x900 and some of the special effects vertical sync, fog and so on....
Notice that Arkham Asylum was launched in 2009 and on my 2011 discrete Mac, it was OK, not the best experience possible.

I won't play it until I get a better Mac.

HarryWarden
Nov 16, 2013, 07:19 AM
Sorry for the OT question but just curious, are there emulators out that would work on the MacBook Pro and if so, are there good controllers out that would work with it? I'd like to play some older SNES games if they're available.

On my iPad when I had it jailbroken I was able to download and play an SNES game. But I wanted to get a Wiimote to play via a controller. Playing on the touch screen was too hard.

I've used emulators for NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis. They all worked pretty much flawlessly. I was able to use a USB controller with all of them as well.

This is the controller I used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034ZOAO0/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With NES, Genesis, and SNES you can't use a controller that is made for modern games and thus has the two joysticks. The joysticks mess with the emulators and never work right.

NameUndecided
Nov 17, 2013, 10:17 PM
I've used emulators for NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis. They all worked pretty much flawlessly. I was able to use a USB controller with all of them as well.

This is the controller I used:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034ZOAO0/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With NES, Genesis, and SNES you can't use a controller that is made for modern games and thus has the two joysticks. The joysticks mess with the emulators and never work right.

Just to help bring this all together -- I wonder if that SNES style controller would work with Arkham City? ;)

Honestly, Arkham City and Fez are the only two games I have at this time. Fez because I saw it in that Indie Game documentary and it looked great, and Arkham City when I stumbled on the recent Humble Bundle (I also have Arkham Asylum if I ever decide to set up bootcamp).

But I play so few games and I play so rarely. I'd much prefer to get a PS3 controller but don't want to spend $40+ when I would hardly use it.

(Hey! If anybody wants to trade a PS3 controller for an orange Smart Cover and a light blue smart cover, feel free to PM me.)

I wonder if that SNES controller would work well enough in the meantime…