PDA

View Full Version : weird line of dead pixels on 13" air...?

ihonda
Nov 25, 2011, 02:27 PM
ok so last night i was watching a movie and saw what i thought was a hair or dust, here upon closer inspection it appears to be a small line of dead pixels, various colors. it actually almost looks like a tear.. has anyone experienced anything like this? id really prefer not to have it serviced because i just put my wrapsol on so id have to take off the top/bottom which then means id have to order a replacement...

here is a pic of what im talking about.

https://skitch.com/jacobgaul/gmpub/img-0087

soco
Nov 25, 2011, 02:32 PM
That really sucks. Have you tried any of those dead pixel fixer kind of websites? Although, I doubt they're dead pixels in the fixable sense. You're probably looking at a need to replace the screen.

newdeal
Nov 25, 2011, 03:02 PM
try massaging it

Roman2K~
Nov 25, 2011, 04:01 PM
First sign of the panel dying. There's a Samsung 2433BW (http://www.google.fr/search?gcx=w&q=samsung+2433BW&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&biw=958&bih=974&sei=4w7QTs31Acrs-gaEia3BDg) at work that's been showing the same symptoms at the bottom-center for about 2 years. It's grown to "only" about 4 cm wide over time, but it's still spreading.

I'm sorry you're encountering this issue, but it's a good thing you caught it early... Your wrapsol can't be worth an LCD panel, you should bring it to the genius bar whenever you can.

TheRealDamager
Nov 25, 2011, 04:59 PM
ok so last night i was watching a movie and saw what i thought was a hair or dust, here upon closer inspection it appears to be a small line of dead pixels, various colors. it actually almost looks like a tear.. has anyone experienced anything like this? id really prefer not to have it serviced because i just put my wrapsol on so id have to take off the top/bottom which then means id have to order a replacement...

Call Wrapsol - I had a similar situation (not screen, but fixing a wrapsoled air) and they sent me a new one for the cost of shipping.

Aras87
Nov 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
Another MBA and another screen problem. Dead pixels, uneven backlight brightness, black spots at the screen edges..

pgiguere1
Nov 25, 2011, 10:32 PM
That's actually better than getting a single dead pixel since you can be sure you're covered by warranty.

I had a dead pixel on my brand new 13" MBP a while ago and Apple didn't want to replace it since it didn't have 3 dead pixels or whatever the minimum number was.

Roman2K~
Nov 26, 2011, 04:10 AM
Another MBA and another screen problem. Dead pixels, uneven backlight brightness, black spots at the screen edges..

Actually, MBA screens are a non-issue: the number of people complaining about their screens is next to nothing compared to the number of satisfied customers who don't have a single problem (but remain silent about it).

And, like mentioned by Aras87, it's not a single dead pixel so it's covered by the warranty. Nothing to worry about.

tanhm
Nov 26, 2011, 04:29 AM
go to apple store :D and get a new one

ihonda
Nov 26, 2011, 05:06 AM
Well I think I'm gonna wait until August to get it fixed incase the screen dies more. I don't really notice it so I'll wait as long as I can before I have to get it fixed. I can't be without my air and I'm pretty sure they wont just do a swap and I don't want to leave it so I'll have to wait.

Macman45
Nov 26, 2011, 05:10 AM
Actually, MBA screens are a non-issue: the number of people complaining about their screens is next to nothing compared to the number of satisfied customers who don't have a single problem (but remain silent about it).

And, like mentioned by Aras87, it's not a single dead pixel so it's covered by the warranty. Nothing to worry about.

+1 Apple will replace it, and I have had no issues with my 13" Air.

ihonda
Nov 26, 2011, 06:00 AM
Replace it on the spot for a new one or will they have to check it in for service?

KnightWRX
Nov 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
Replace it on the spot for a new one or will they have to check it in for service?

When I had my MBA display swapped out, they just ordered it and I left with my MBA that day. When the part came in, they called me, I dropped the MBA off and the next day I picked it up.

macsymacker
Nov 27, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hi there!

How old is your machine?

Thanks.