Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smileman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Anyone tried it? Reading some previous threads it sounds like Black Ops doesn't work so well, so I'm guessing MW3 is even more problematic?

smileman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
You may have better success by searching the Console Games or Mac and PC Games forum (where game discussion belongs), as there are many threads on this game, discussing how it runs on various Mac models.

Searched there, don't see anything about MW3 and the Air. However there has been talk in this forum in the past on how the Air performs will COD games.

----------

but good 'ol google just turned up this, which looks promising:

http://isthin.com/modern-warfare-3-on-a-macbook-air

thormarketing

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
Personally I'd recommend just paying the $200 for one of the Black Friday Xbox deals for all my gaming. That's how I play.. it's nicer on a large TV than a small computer IMO. It is also much cheaper than investing $1,000+ in a decent gaming computer.

Even Steve Jobs said Microsoft had a nice product with the Xbox. I think it is the only good thing they ever made, lol.

Maven1975

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
You may have better success by searching the Console Games or Mac and PC Games forum (where game discussion belongs), as there are many threads on this game, discussing how it runs on various Mac models.

Modern Warfare 3
Modern Warfare 3 - Update Attached

And neither of the above links posted have the information you are looking for.

ThrottleStop helps remove the lag on the 2011. Give it a shot again with that Samaurai.

"Huge stuff down thoat" ~ The Samauri 2011

xxhamzxx

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Personally I'd recommend just paying the $200 for one of the Black Friday Xbox deals for all my gaming. That's how I play.. it's nicer on a large TV than a small computer IMO. It is also much cheaper than investing $1,000+ in a decent gaming computer.

Even Steve Jobs said Microsoft had a nice product with the Xbox. I think it is the only good thing they ever made, lol.

I built a system for my friend for $360 that can max MW3 :) I called it the 360 Project, the affordable gaming PC.

It had a Phenom II 955 Quadcore and a HD6870 + 4GB RAM :)

It is a misconception that you need to spend $1000 on a gaming PC, sure if you want the best and nice hardware it'll cost more... but seriously you can make a great budget PC. I made a system for a client that can max BF3 for $580

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.