PDA

View Full Version : Battery Isn't Flush With Chassis In My PowerBook... how to fix?

BurtonCCC
May 23, 2005, 04:08 PM
I got my 12" PowerBook today and first, I ejected the battery to make sure it didn't have the serial number that Apple was recalling... as soon as I put it back in, the left side of the battery that is put in first is flush against the rest of the computer, but the right side hangs out a fraction of a millimeter or a millimeter out from the chassis... does anybody else experience this? I'll take a picture if you have no idea what I'm talking about... I'm just dissappointed a little bit because I bought this beautiful computer and something's not sitting right and hanging out just a tad... is there anyway to fix this?

Daniel

iGary
May 23, 2005, 04:11 PM
I got my 12" PowerBook today and first, I ejected the battery to make sure it didn't have the serial number that Apple was recalling... as soon as I put it back in, the left side of the battery that is put in first is flush against the rest of the computer, but the right side hangs out a fraction of a millimeter or a millimeter out from the chassis... does anybody else experience this? I'll take a picture if you have no idea what I'm talking about... I'm just dissappointed a little bit because I bought this beautiful computer and something's not sitting right and hanging out just a tad... is there anyway to fix this?

Daniel

Same deal with my iBook...though my new battery fits better.

killuminati
May 23, 2005, 05:13 PM
My powerbook battery also has that problem. The only reason I'd worry about it is if it makes the powerbook sit funny. If its not even enough to touch the desk I wouldn't worry about it.

Mechcozmo
May 23, 2005, 07:08 PM
Same thing here, no problems though. Just make sure that you twist the lock thingy for the battery good so that it pulls it in as close as it is supposed to!

Lau
May 24, 2005, 05:03 AM
Same here. Although I dropped my PowerBook, and it now sits better. Not a course of action I'd advise though. :eek:

Piarco
May 24, 2005, 06:48 AM
All the powerbooks I've had since November (7 in total for various reasons - all 12" bar one 15") have had batteries which weren't entirely flush. Some more so than others. The 15" was less noticable due to the different placing of the battery. Even the battery on the iBook I'm using until I order a new PB at the end of the month/WWDC isn't flush. So it kinda looks like a widespread manufacturing issue. Not major, but for those folks who want a significant cash investment to be perfect, its a little niggling...

Lacero
May 24, 2005, 07:11 AM
Mines about half-millimeter not flush. I was about to return it to Apple for repair or replacement, but I needed my PB for traveling, so the hell with it. I could live with the slight imperfection.

BurtonCCC
May 24, 2005, 03:27 PM
I guess it doesn't really bother me, but I am going to take it to the Apple Store next I go (to blow all of my graduation money) and see if the Mac Genius knows any solutions.

Daniel

calyxman
May 24, 2005, 09:26 PM
Same issue with my iBook.

tangerineyum
May 26, 2005, 01:30 PM
Me too, with both of my batteries.