PDA

View Full Version : Present for sister

Tritons
Nov 28, 2011, 10:04 AM
Hi
So at 14th December my sister have birthday and she really needs new PC. So we are getting MacBook Air 13'' but I just red that in 2012 Q1 there will be refresh for Macbook Air. How much better you expect they will they be and what improvements there will be?

TheJing
Nov 28, 2011, 10:14 AM
Hi
So at 14th December my sister have birthday and she really needs new PC. So we are getting MacBook Air 13'' but I just red that in 2012 Q1 there will be refresh for Macbook Air. How much better you expect they will they be and what improvements there will be?

I haven't heard of such a refresh. There probably won't be one until next summer. But no one knows for sure.

There is probably only going to be an improvement on the processor. If your sister doesn't do anything intensive such as video editing she probably won't notice a difference.

Get her the current generation. It is plenty enough.

johnhurley
Nov 28, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hi

You can not really count on un-announced products. Everyone expects a 15 inch macbook air eventually in 2012 ( timing unclear ).

What happens if anything to the rest of the macbook air product line in early 2012 is really hard to predict.

Eventually sometime in 2012 yes probably a refresh but it may not be for a while.

The current macbook air's ( I have a late 2011 13 inch i5 with 256 gb ssd ) are really really nice!

Tritons
Nov 28, 2011, 11:16 AM
Thank you guys, I just saw this - http://www.macrumors.com/2011/11/28/updated-macbook-air-line-with-new-15-inch-model-coming-in-1q-2012/

And thought that maybe they have some really big improvements coming.