Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Not a computer gamer so can't really help you there. For programming and everything else I am currently using a 23-inch Acer H233H.

I have my screen layout so rather then going side to side. It's top to bottom. Air on the bottom. Have it positioned so I use my air as my keyboard / mouse.

Not in the market, but dell currently has a 27-inch for $209

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
I'm in the market for an external display for my 11" mba.

Which external display would u guys recommend for me and size would be suited for me.
I use my mba mainly for programing, surfing the web and casual gaming (Heros of Newerth only)

My budget is 200 dollars and i found this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TPTTS6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That samsung looks nice ... there are a ton of good choices for 1080p monitors ( 1920 x 1080 resolution ) in the 200 and under range.

Most people like the 24 or 23 inch ones but there are some good ones also in the 21 and 20 inch size range also.

I ( like one of the other people in this thread ) have an acer bought principally because it look fairly good and was not too expensive. Mine is a 24 inch version.

There is not a whole lot of difference ( my opinion ) in the quality of many of them in the 200 and under category. Samsung of course is a quality name ...

Try checking out what is available at your local ( pick one ) hardware retailer ( like best buy ).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.