PDA

View Full Version : Case for iPad2 WITH speakers?

Penny's Geek
Nov 28, 2011, 01:24 PM
I'm just wondering if any of you out there with an iPad 2 have found any case out there that ALSO has some decent speakers included with it???

Let's face it, the tiny little speaker for the iPad 2 really sucks. Why in the world they didn't include TWO speakers I'll never know. But for a device that supposedly doubles as a media player, its just beyond me why they designed it with only the one tiny speaker.

I've looked into the bluetooth speakers and have my eye on one but I'm wondering about them being included in a case. I DON'T want to have to take it OUT of the case I've ordered simply to put it into a dock with a speaker system.

Any suggestions?
PG

Zodiak
Nov 29, 2011, 11:38 AM
Thats a tough one. There barely are any "decent" iPad docking station/speaker sets out there yet. Most of them are very expensive and review very poorly.

To try and fit a case that is "slim" enough to be actually usable, two have 2 speakers that would be considered "decent" enough with the drivers plus a battery pack. I think this might become quite expensive.

I do however have a product suggestion.

The Jawbone Jambox (http://www.jawbone.com/speakers/jambox/overview) is a portable speaker with quite a small size but a surprisingly big and good sound for it's size. It can fit in your pocket and connects wirelessly. It is not cheap though as it comes from Jawbone but it does go on sale frequently :)