PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch camera quality?

doktordoris
Nov 28, 2011, 05:07 PM
Hullo all,

I was just about to spend around a hundred pounds on a camera, when I noticed that the new touch records 720hd video. Is the end result any good? I need a video camera just for recording my parrots and corvids, and for family reasons. Not for creating blockbuster movies. Will I regret buying a touch rather than a proper camera? I like the idea of getting a touch because I would enjoy owning an iPod and playing portable games, but would a proper camera be much better?

Thanks for your time.

GeniusJon
Nov 28, 2011, 05:10 PM
The iPod touch's camera may record in 720p, but the still images are less than 1 megapixel. I think you are better off buying a point and shoot with HD video capabilities.

doktordoris
Nov 28, 2011, 05:42 PM
Okay John, thanks for your advice and I hope you are right as I have done what you said. I bought a proper camera with 720 video ability.

Thanks chief

BrunoWill
Nov 29, 2011, 12:40 AM
Well, with my personal experience, iPod Touch 4G's camera is good at video shot, but the pictures it takes is really so aweful!

Michael383
Nov 29, 2011, 12:51 AM
I'd go with a separate hd video camera.

AIP5
Nov 29, 2011, 01:00 AM
I'm not sure how this works at all, but the iPod Touch's camera records 720p video brilliantly. Outdoors that is. There's not much of a lag, and to be honest, it compares well to many P&S's 720p recording capabilities. But there is a problem with the stills. They're next to horrible on a computer screen. On the iPod touch display they look really nice (outdoors, again), but like someone else said, 1MP is very bad for viewing on bigger screens.

heyloo
Nov 29, 2011, 01:31 AM
I believe that this is the same camera that comes with the iPad2...and frankly, while it does its job with FaceTime and rough 720p videos, I wouldn't be taking any pictures with it anytime soon... Apple really could've and should've put in a better camera with these devices...:(

johnjjackie
Nov 29, 2011, 06:05 AM
Well, with my personal experience, iPod Touch 4G's camera is good at video shot, but the pictures it takes is really so aweful!

Thetonyk123
Nov 29, 2011, 06:59 AM
I believe that this is the same camera that comes with the iPad2...and frankly, while it does its job with FaceTime and rough 720p videos, I wouldn't be taking any pictures with it anytime soon... Apple really could've and should've put in a better camera with these devices...:(

The should have atleast stuck a 3.2 megapixel in there