Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmwpowere36m3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Upgraded to a new MBP and getting used to Lion and have some questions:

• In Finder, when setting arrange by to "Kind" is it possible to view files as in Leopard (i.e. no titles for the groups of files)?
  • In Finder when setting arrange by to "Kind" can you default view options to sort by "Name"? So when you set a folder to arrange by Kind it also sorts them by name
  • When many files are arranged by "Kind", Finder hides them, can you default "Show All"?
  • In Safari when using Autofill, how do you set what info is used (i.e. I have multiple emails and I'd like autofill to specifically use one)?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Upgraded to a new MBP and getting used to Lion and have some questions:

• In Safari when using Autofill, how do you set what info is used (i.e. I have multiple emails and I'd like autofill to specifically use one)?

20111129-p91brs149jie5h2ktd26c5bcxc.jpg

Go to this screen in Safari preferences and click edit. That will bring up your personal address card in the Address Book app. Next to each entry for the card you will see a check box. Check the entries you want used for auto complete in Safari then click done at the bottom of the card.

bmwpowere36m3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007

Go to this screen in Safari preferences and click edit. That will bring up your personal address card in the Address Book app. Next to each entry for the card you will see a check box. Check the entries you want used for auto complete in Safari then click done at the bottom of the card.

Tried that and it still used an email address that was not checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.