Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for that, have you tied it?

I've been fighting this issue on and off for months, and usually a router reset would do the trick. It finally got to me enough to search for an actual software fix (because we all know it was Lion), and after trying about 6 different things, this has worked for me for days, and I haven't had any problems. It just downgrades the Wifi to where we were with Snow Leopard and had no problems.

P.S. It does remove AirDrop from your computer though. Then again, in 6 months of Lion, I've yet to use that anyway.

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
I've been fighting this issue on and off for months, and usually a router reset would do the trick. It finally got to me enough to search for an actual software fix (because we all know it was Lion), and after trying about 6 different things, this has worked for me for days, and I haven't had any problems. It just downgrades the Wifi to where we were with Snow Leopard and had no problems.

P.S. It does remove AirDrop from your computer though. Then again, in 6 months of Lion, I've yet to use that anyway.

May have to give it a shot then, thanks!

winterwooskie

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2011
Will certainly give this a try on my imac when home this evening - I've been having terrible wifi issues on Lion, dropping every 20 minutes or so - and that's when it's been working well.

Has anyone else used this and had any luck? Once again, I am a member of the "These issues are only on lion" club - I have upgraded from SL, and have Windows 7 on bootcamp. Windows 7 continues to work fine wirelessly, and I didn't have any issues before I upgraded.

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Will certainly give this a try on my imac when home this evening - I've been having terrible wifi issues on Lion, dropping every 20 minutes or so - and that's when it's been working well.

Has anyone else used this and had any luck? Once again, I am a member of the "These issues are only on lion" club - I have upgraded from SL, and have Windows 7 on bootcamp. Windows 7 continues to work fine wirelessly, and I didn't have any issues before I upgraded.

Let me know how it works for you. Also, I just put Windows 7 on my Mac Mini via BootCamp, and I can't get wireless to work. How'd you get it to pick up your wireless card?

winterwooskie

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2011
This fix is working a dream, so far 12 hours into applying it and no drops or issues with the wifi at all. Looks like problems are fixed! Thanks!

Regarding windows 7, I just installed the drivers using the bootcamp assistant and that got wifi working automatically

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
This fix is working a dream, so far 12 hours into applying it and no drops or issues with the wifi at all. Looks like problems are fixed! Thanks!

Regarding windows 7, I just installed the drivers using the bootcamp assistant and that got wifi working automatically

Same here, no dropouts. Thanks! :D

Just as I suspected, it is a driver issue.

Glad it helped you guys!! It's such a relief.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
As an FYI I was able to fix my WiFi issues in Lion by going to a static IP address. Not single dropout since then.

Michael

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
As an FYI I was able to fix my WiFi issues in Lion by going to a static IP address. Not single dropout since then.

Michael

I've read that has been not so reliable, but it may be for you, whatever works! I just knew I tried a bunch of things and this helped me finally, so figured it'd be helpful.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I've read that has been not so reliable, but it may be for you, whatever works! I just knew I tried a bunch of things and this helped me finally, so figured it'd be helpful.
Well static IPs are a bit of a pain when moving from place to place (have to setup multiple locations). So it's more of a workaround than a real fix.

So might try this if I get a chance!

Michael

shstiger2009

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Well static IPs are a bit of a pain when moving from place to place (have to setup multiple locations). So it's more of a workaround than a real fix.

So might try this if I get a chance!

Michael

You won't be disappointed!

dand1996

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2009
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but are people having the same issues on mountain lion, and if so does this fix still work?

thanks
Dan
@iDannyOcean

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.