Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

geoff2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
I been reading quite a lot but still havent found my answer.

Most probably know that NBA lock out it over. I have canceled my cable service so i will pretty much not be able to watch any NBA games. I was wondering if it would be possible to watch with ATV?

I know ATV has NBA league pass but NBA league pass blocks out games on TNT/ESPN and etc. Also it blocks out all the local games which would be Lakers and Clippers for me. so i wouldnt be able to watch a lot of good games.

I haven't been able to find much information about jailbreaking reading this.

So i was wondering with a jailbroken ATV and NBA league pass will i be able to watch all the games including the play offs and finals?

Also if not, does anybody have a good solution besides online streaming?

iwantlinuxsuppo

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
You are probably not going to be able to get around NBA streaming rules jailbroken or not. It will be based on IP address and unless you use a proxy nothing else would work.
You can install xbox on a jailbroken appletv and use it for streaming video off of Samba or NFS shares. So it is not just for online streaming.
I have also found the Airplay functionality really useful when I want to show off a recently taken picture or video from my iphone.

geoff2005

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
yeah, i figured there no way around that but im not very clear what jailbreaking ATV has to offer but is it possible to watch ESPN/TNT/LOCAL CHANNELS with jailbreak?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
yeah, i figured there no way around that but im not very clear what jailbreaking ATV has to offer but is it possible to watch ESPN/TNT/LOCAL CHANNELS with jailbreak?

Sadly no--can't do it with a computer, then certainly can't do it with an Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.