Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
i want to use Otterbox defense series case with my iphone 4s but i don't like the built-in screen protector ... i was thinking of taking otterbox screen protector out and installing anti-glare power support HD skin on the screen..has any one ever tired some thing like this before ?

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
i want to use Otterbox defense series case with my iphone 4s but i don't like the built-in screen protector ... i was thinking of taking otterbox screen protector out and installing anti-glare power support HD skin on the screen..has any one ever tired some thing like this before ?

The only shield that I have found that work with the Defender with the Defender's shield is Pure Gear shields. For one they are the thinnest shields I could find at .2mm thick each. Second they are cystal clear and I don't even notice I have a shield on under the Defender shield. I've tried many shields and spent a lot of money on different shields to try to find front/back shields that can be used with the Defender shield and Pure Gear's are the ones so far that work great. The reason why I want front/back shields to use with my Defender is I need to rock the Defender during the week because of my job environment. When I get home Friday afternoon at 3 I like to go either naked or rock a case with minimal protection. Monday morning when it's time for work back to the Defender. Personally it defeats the purpose of the Defender by removing it's screen shield.

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009

It will work, I used this combo with my iPhone 4. I removed the screen protector from the defender and used my power support anti-glare! Go ahead mate you'll be fine!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.