Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I saw someone at school who had this neat cover on their MBA 13".

It was super thin, black, look like it clipped on the sides (minimalistic-ally), looked like it was pretty grippy for how thin it was.

I only saw it on the lid, so I am not sure about the bottom. You could still see the apple logo as well, when turned on...can anyone think of what this might be? ahaha

Google is coming up short for me.

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
That's it, thanks :)

EDIT :

Wow, those have horrible reviews, anything like that and more reliable?

imswimmin

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2011
Incipio Feather? I am actually really close to buying one of these right now, since I'm always putting my MBA in my backpack.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Wrapsol. Seriously, I am Apple accessory extraordinaire and I returned my Incipio. Wrapsol is gorgeous (invisible minus some sparkle) and prevents scratches 100%.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
Speck is pretty much the only option if you want to see the logo, otherwise the Incipio would be the better choice in terms of durability.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Wrapsol. Seriously, I am Apple accessory extraordinaire and I returned my Incipio. Wrapsol is gorgeous (invisible minus some sparkle) and prevents scratches 100%.

Same setup, I love it! I think the sparkle looks unreal!

Takes a bit of time to install, but it came out nice. Mine also started peeling off and Wrapsol took care of me by sending a new one (just paid 5 bucks shipping)

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
Same setup, I love it! I think the sparkle looks unreal!

Takes a bit of time to install, but it came out nice. Mine also started peeling off and Wrapsol took care of me by sending a new one (just paid 5 bucks shipping)

ProTip: Look at your Wrapsol Air in the sun with polarized glasses and blow your mind.

erpetao

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Years to run away from the ugly black plastic windows laptops, sorry now that I have a nice aluminum laptop I won't convert it to black!!!

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I am pretty pleased with the Speck cover. I got the clear, see-through one yesterday. It fits like a glove and I can barely tell the difference in terms of thickness/weight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.