PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Air slim cover?

vivithemage
Nov 29, 2011, 11:56 AM
I saw someone at school who had this neat cover on their MBA 13".

It was super thin, black, look like it clipped on the sides (minimalistic-ally), looked like it was pretty grippy for how thin it was.

I only saw it on the lid, so I am not sure about the bottom. You could still see the apple logo as well, when turned on...can anyone think of what this might be? ahaha

Google is coming up short for me.

PoleMan14
Nov 29, 2011, 07:47 PM
http://store.apple.com/us/product/H4636ZM/A

Most likely the speck case...cheaper on newegg

vivithemage
Nov 29, 2011, 07:47 PM
That's it, thanks :)

EDIT :

Wow, those have horrible reviews, anything like that and more reliable?

imswimmin
Nov 29, 2011, 08:01 PM
Incipio Feather? I am actually really close to buying one of these right now, since I'm always putting my MBA in my backpack.

vivithemage
Nov 29, 2011, 08:03 PM
Now that looks solid.

ntrigue
Nov 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
Wrapsol. Seriously, I am Apple accessory extraordinaire and I returned my Incipio. Wrapsol is gorgeous (invisible minus some sparkle) and prevents scratches 100%.

vivithemage
Nov 29, 2011, 08:51 PM
I don't really want a cover like that.

aeboi
Nov 29, 2011, 08:59 PM
Speck is pretty much the only option if you want to see the logo, otherwise the Incipio would be the better choice in terms of durability.

vivithemage
Nov 29, 2011, 09:04 PM
Already bought the incipo :)

solo118
Dec 1, 2011, 11:46 AM
Wrapsol. Seriously, I am Apple accessory extraordinaire and I returned my Incipio. Wrapsol is gorgeous (invisible minus some sparkle) and prevents scratches 100%.

Same setup, I love it! I think the sparkle looks unreal!

Takes a bit of time to install, but it came out nice. Mine also started peeling off and Wrapsol took care of me by sending a new one (just paid 5 bucks shipping)

altecXP
Dec 1, 2011, 06:33 PM
Had the spec, it broke in under a 3 days.

ntrigue
Dec 1, 2011, 08:36 PM
Same setup, I love it! I think the sparkle looks unreal!

Takes a bit of time to install, but it came out nice. Mine also started peeling off and Wrapsol took care of me by sending a new one (just paid 5 bucks shipping)

ProTip: Look at your Wrapsol Air in the sun with polarized glasses and blow your mind.

gerbil
Dec 2, 2011, 12:54 AM
ProTip: Look at your Wrapsol Air in the sun with polarized glasses and blow your mind.

Does it glitter in the sun like a Twilight vampire's skin? :p

erpetao
Dec 2, 2011, 01:41 AM
Years to run away from the ugly black plastic windows laptops, sorry now that I have a nice aluminum laptop I won't convert it to black!!!

palpatine
Dec 2, 2011, 08:05 AM
I am pretty pleased with the Speck cover. I got the clear, see-through one yesterday. It fits like a glove and I can barely tell the difference in terms of thickness/weight.