PDA

View Full Version : Help learning objective C

jermyn
Nov 29, 2011, 10:20 PM
I am a long time foxpro programer, I would like to do some applications for the iPhone platform, I bought a MacBook Pro with the xLion I downloaded and installed the xCode 4.2 and even bought the iPhone. I really want to start coding but I am having serious difficulty trying to learn the Cocoa framework specially understanding the objective C syntax. is there any acceptable easy way to learn how to create a simple form with some text boxes and bind a database to the textBoxes. thatís all I want to know for now. For some reason all documentation I have found is always jumping into this weird syntax without explaining why it is so nested and complicated. PLEASE POINT ME TO A BOOK OR SOMETHING THAT REALLY HELPS TO BREAK THRU.

Any input is appreciated :)

saving107
Nov 29, 2011, 10:22 PM
Programming
http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142

ZipZap
Nov 30, 2011, 11:57 AM
I am a long time foxpro programer, I would like to do some applications for the iPhone platform, I bought a MacBook Pro with the xLion I downloaded and installed the xCode 4.2 and even bought the iPhone. I really want to start coding but I am having serious difficulty trying to learn the Cocoa framework specially understanding the objective C syntax. is there any acceptable easy way to learn how to create a simple form with some text boxes and bind a database to the textBoxes. that’s all I want to know for now. For some reason all documentation I have found is always jumping into this weird syntax without explaining why it is so nested and complicated. PLEASE POINT ME TO A BOOK OR SOMETHING THAT REALLY HELPS TO BREAK THRU.

Any input is appreciated :)

If you're only a foxpro programmer, I am afraid your going to be WAY out of your element with objective C.

Get some books and watch the free itunesU stanford course.