PDA

View Full Version : What happen to my MBA SSD?

s1ns
Nov 30, 2011, 12:35 AM
Hi guys i just recently backing up my MBA to a HD using time machine. I just notice this morning there is something odd about my 'Macintosh HD' its a MBA 13.3/256 GB SSD/4GB RAM/NVIDIA 320M Late 2010.
:confused:
The free memory exceeds it SSD capacity itself. is this normal?

antonis
Nov 30, 2011, 01:24 AM
Don't know if this is something serious or not, but deninitely it's not normal. I'd suggest to run the disk utility and check the filesystem for errors. Preferably booting from an external disk (or the recovery disk if you use lion) so the disk utility would fix any errors.

Off topic, how did you put the little apple image on your disk's name ?

Macman45
Nov 30, 2011, 01:36 AM
Don't know if this is something serious or not, but deninitely it's not normal. I'd suggest to run the disk utility and check the filesystem for errors. Preferably booting from an external disk (or the recovery disk if you use lion) so the disk utility would fix any errors.

Run a disk verification, and also verify your disk permissions, then repair them.

You certainly have an issue here, Apple are not making Airs with 2TB of SSD space.

s1ns
Nov 30, 2011, 10:20 AM
i just did that to all my apple device i got.:D

I already verify disk and repair disk through disc utillity it doesn't seem to fix the issue. any more suggestions?:confused:

waloshin
Nov 30, 2011, 03:39 PM
Must be a Mac Osx problem.

altecXP
Nov 30, 2011, 06:24 PM
Ive seen Windows and BIOS report a 2.8 GHz P4 as 4.3GHz before. lol

s1ns
Nov 30, 2011, 07:08 PM
i already ran disc utility verify disc and repair disc nothing seems to work. :eek:

SDColorado
Nov 30, 2011, 07:18 PM

Shift+Option+K =  :)

s1ns
Dec 1, 2011, 07:48 AM
Shift+Option+K =  :)

lol. I copy pasted it from my MS Word. :D