Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macandal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
So, now that my hard drive is dead and I find myself uploading most of the music I lost, I went looking for ways to transfer the music I had in my brother's iPod Touch to my computer. This would not solve all my problems, but it would greatly help me get back the 8,000 songs I lost with my hd (he's got about half my library in his iPod). I found this article from engadget which explains how to do it. I did the music I had bought from the mac store first and that worked just fine. No problems. Then I tried to do the second step, which was to transfer the music I, myself, had uploaded back to the new drive I bought, but I got stuck at the very beginning, where it says that I have to make sure "Enable disk use" is checked. I don't have this option on the Touch??? How do I do this?

My other option, explained in the article, is to use Phone to Mac, but I don't want to pay, if I can help it, to recover my music.

Thanks.

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
So, now that my hard drive is dead and I find myself uploading most of the music I lost, I went looking for ways to transfer the music I had in my brother's iPod Touch to my computer. This would not solve all my problems, but it would greatly help me get back the 8,000 songs I lost with my hd (he's got about half my library in his iPod). I found this article from engadget which explains how to do it. I did the music I had bought from the mac store first and that worked just fine. No problems. Then I tried to do the second step, which was to transfer the music I, myself, had uploaded back to the new drive I bought, but I got stuck at the very beginning, where it says that I have to make sure "Enable disk use" is checked. I don't have this option on the Touch??? How do I do this?

My other option, explained in the article, is to use Phone to Mac, but I don't want to pay, if I can help it, to recover my music.

Thanks.

You cannot enable disk use on the iPod touch.

macandal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
You cannot enable disk use on the iPod touch.
Oh! Thanks. The article seemed to think one could do this even on the touch. I know the article is a couple of years old, but, is this a new development? Do you have any suggestions to do this? Thanks for your post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.