PDA

View Full Version : Is the Air delivered in a plain box in the UK?

seanf
Nov 30, 2011, 12:23 PM
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm if the Macbook Air is delivered in a plain box when buying online in the UK? I am buying it as a present and do not want the surprise to be spoilt when it is delivered. I would buy from an Apple store, but I get a discount though my Employer for buying from Apple's website

Sean :)

DouchGod
Nov 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
Mine arrived in a plain brown box although the shipping labels on it if read can be used to identify what is inside.

TheJing
Nov 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
You will probably get it in a brown box. That's how I got it in Sweden.

But as the guy above me said, it says what's inside the box.

Internaut
Nov 30, 2011, 01:07 PM
Have it delivered to your office?

abz1981
Nov 30, 2011, 01:17 PM
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm if the Macbook Air is delivered in a plain box when buying online in the UK? I am buying it as a present and do not want the surprise to be spoilt when it is delivered. I would buy from an Apple store, but I get a discount though my Employer for buying from Apple's website

You should be able to walk in to your local Apple store, and tell them your employer is part of Apple's EPP, (employee purchase program) and they will look it up and allow you to buy it in store.

Thats what I did when I bought my MBA.

rbrian
Nov 30, 2011, 02:44 PM
You should be able to walk in to your local Apple store, and tell them your employer is part of Apple's EPP, (employee purchase program) and they will look it up and allow you to buy it in store.

Thats what I did when I bought my MBA.

Me too - and got more off! The website showed a 6% discount, but they gave me 8% in the store. Then I went back a couple of days later to get a Mini, and a different employee told me 6% was for personal use, 8% for business. I'd already told him that I intended to use it as an iTunes server, hard to claim that's for business use!

boy-better-know
Nov 30, 2011, 02:59 PM
Why not pay the extra 3 pounds and have them send it you gift wraped?

seanf
Nov 30, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thank you for the replies all

You should be able to walk in to your local Apple store, and tell them your employer is part of Apple's EPP...Interesting. All the details from my Employer state you have to buy online or via phone for home delivery. I think I'll try buying in store. I can always take my work photo ID as proof

Me too - and got more off!Fingers crossed for that!