Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
UK
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm if the Macbook Air is delivered in a plain box when buying online in the UK? I am buying it as a present and do not want the surprise to be spoilt when it is delivered. I would buy from an Apple store, but I get a discount though my Employer for buying from Apple's website

Sean :)

DouchGod

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2010
Mine arrived in a plain brown box although the shipping labels on it if read can be used to identify what is inside.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm if the Macbook Air is delivered in a plain box when buying online in the UK? I am buying it as a present and do not want the surprise to be spoilt when it is delivered. I would buy from an Apple store, but I get a discount though my Employer for buying from Apple's website

You should be able to walk in to your local Apple store, and tell them your employer is part of Apple's EPP, (employee purchase program) and they will look it up and allow you to buy it in store.

Thats what I did when I bought my MBA.

Last edited:

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
You should be able to walk in to your local Apple store, and tell them your employer is part of Apple's EPP, (employee purchase program) and they will look it up and allow you to buy it in store.

Thats what I did when I bought my MBA.

Me too - and got more off! The website showed a 6% discount, but they gave me 8% in the store. Then I went back a couple of days later to get a Mini, and a different employee told me 6% was for personal use, 8% for business. I'd already told him that I intended to use it as an iTunes server, hard to claim that's for business use!

seanf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
UK
Thank you for the replies all

You should be able to walk in to your local Apple store, and tell them your employer is part of Apple's EPP...
Interesting. All the details from my Employer state you have to buy online or via phone for home delivery. I think I'll try buying in store. I can always take my work photo ID as proof

Me too - and got more off!
Fingers crossed for that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.