PDA

View Full Version : It's a long story, Macbook White 13.3

ASeriousMan
Nov 30, 2011, 05:16 PM
So here is what happened: I spilled apple juice all over the keyboard a while ago. My sister goes to Penn State so she took it there for me for information. The guy there said it is the motherboard, but it ISN'T fried. The residue was just short circuiting it. He took out the motherboard for me and told me to use a toothbrush and scrub it down and put it in the toaster oven (yeah, right?) and then I took it back. It actually worked!!! I heard the chime and the gray screen came up. I didn't have any thermal paste, so i just turned it on for a few seconds to see if it would work. Then (here it comes) I plugged it in, to see if the magsafe was still alright. I heard crackling, and smelled something bad. I'm hoping it's just the magsafe thing, but I'm not sure. I tried to run it on batter power, and the screen flickers, fan runs, and the cd drive snarls at me as usual. I don't here the chime, and the screen only flickers for a moment. Any suggestions on anything? What to do next, diagnosis. If you need more information, just tell me. I appreciate any help!