Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Is anyone else having problems connection to Netflix on their ATV2? Every time I try to connect I get "Apple TV can't connect to the server at this time. Please try later". This has been happening for 3-4 days now. All other services work fine and I can get to Netflix with my iPad and Mac with no problems. Any suggestions?

AsterixGM

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2009
Try unplugging your Apple TV 2 and then plug it back in and try again. Every so often this happens to me as well.

Bymatt

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2011
Yes its irritating when the Roku connects

NO problem and the ATV2 comes back with a netflix message of your user name or password is no good... hhmmm
well anyway, I did reset the atv2 a couple of times, but when I finally invested the time to sit through the upgrade, shazzzzzammm, netflix works on it too now, and yes I did have to put my ID and PW in one more time :)

JoeShades

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2010
Williamstown, NJ
same problem with alot of tv shows i tried, it keeps saying netflix unavailable or internal server error but it happens for the same shows while others work fine. quantum leap is one such show for the last few days will not work. 24 is another. unplugging does not help

mthomas1a

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2011
Problem logging in to Netflix

For the last few days, some users may be getting a login problem with Netflix stating the account and password are incorrect and displaying an error code 117.

After an exhaustive iterative process with Apple's tech support resetting and updating the Apple TV, resetting my router and modem, and explaining multiple times that no ports were blocked, and that the account settings were fine and that the Netflix apps on my iPhone, computer, Roku box, and Samsung BlueRay player were all successfully working with the same router, I was told to do a complete refresh of the Apple TV through iTunes.

Before going down that path, I placed a call to Netflix who confirmed that there is a known issue with the Netflix protocol stack on some updated Apple TV's. They are working on a resolution.

I think my future first call will be to Netflix, before calling Apple. The Netflix tech was immediately aware of the problem. Could have saved a lot of time.

Last edited:

Bill P.

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2007
I've been using Netflix to watch "24" lately and am experiencing the exact same problem. Resetting works but it is a pain to have to redo all of my prefs.

Bymatt

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2011
I will second the aggravation with 24... Several

shows work fine on netflix. I can watch them and when I switch to 24, there is an intercept.. netflix not available. 24 will come in on Roku however.
Setting and resetting the ATV2 has proved to be of no real use with this problem.
I think the person that called netflix has the answer. Either some money deal with apple and netflix collapsed or netflix does have a technical issue with this program... meanwhile Roku works fine in my case.. Time will tell I guess

crewkid89

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
United States
I can also confirm this problem with Cosmos the tv series. Interestingly this problem also occurs on my iPad. checked on my iMac it works in safari

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.